AuthorTopic: My sprite edits (Fighting game sprites)  (Read 4309 times)

Offline Thanewdude07

• Yu Yu Hakusho fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt-Thanewdude07 sprite art

My sprite edits (Fighting game sprites)

on: October 03, 2012, 06:41:24 pm
Hello I am new here but not new to pixel art.

I found this website while searching for a place to learn how to become a better pixel artist. I am pretty much self taught and have been spriting fighting game sprites for like 5 years.

Most working on projects for the M.U.G.E.N Engine and just really fan arts. Recently I was hired to work on a Indy game for the xbox 360. But it wasnt working out for me right now so i had to take leave.

But anyways I will post up some of my sprite edits of existing sprites made by capcom snk etc.

some of these however are original works by me anyways check these out and i hope to learn much from all the professionals around!

Older works

The smaller one is not mine

That's just a few I have plenty. I am looking to learn how to do more original smooth looking animations. So my next post will my current W.I.P which is a walking animation for one of my smaller sprites. Thanks for your time! :D

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Re: My sprite edits (Fighting game sprites)

Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 07:40:03 pm
Hi and welcome! :D

I loooooooove fighting game sprites too! Here is some of my old stuff.

Just to let you know, we don't have any problem with bases/edits here, as long as you are honest as to what is original and what is an edit. ;)

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Offline Thanewdude07

• Yu Yu Hakusho fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt-Thanewdude07 sprite art

Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 09:49:06 pm
Thanks for the welcome ;D

Awesome work btw :D

So here is what i am working on. I am trying to make a sheet full of edits customs and original sprites for Yusuke Urameshi

Here are a bunch of his animations I have done so far. Some edits.. Some not :crazy:

Had some help on this one from a friend

this animation was done before i finished some parts xD I just wanted to see how it looked moving  :crazy:

Some original sprites!

(Did a bit of palette separation )

But yeah basically he is going to be a play able character in mugen and I wanted to add a bunch of cool original things that no other yusuke in mugen has. So he will have intro characters and outro ones as well.

This is where I am currently at I am trying to work on a orignal walk cycle for his spirit beast name Puu.

I also want to do one for his love interest keiko yukimura

Here are both of their sprites!

I will try to make some progress soon on the walk then post up a animation soon :y:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 09:52:47 pm by Thanewdude07 »

Offline Peace

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 12:39:39 pm
Hi and welcome! :D

I loooooooove fighting game sprites too! Here is some of my old stuff.

Just to let you know, we don't have any problem with bases/edits here, as long as you are honest as to what is original and what is an edit. ;)

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Wow! There's some fantastic concepts in there Blumunkee. Very original designs! I love "defeated" giant with the girl sitting on him, the girl with the huge-arm-hat. the contorted fellow... I love them all actually!

Thanewdude07, the sprites are already looking very fluid. Wish I could help, but alas, all I can do for now is admire and learn.