AuthorTopic: Lazy Brain logo/t-shirt  (Read 4123 times)

Offline Lazy Brain Games

• View Profile
    • Lazy Brain Games

Lazy Brain logo/t-shirt

on: September 24, 2012, 12:09:17 am
I'm planning on making some shirts with the Lazy Brain logo on them, but the logo itself definitely needed an overhaul before it could be ready for prime time lol. So, I reworked the actual drawing so that its at least somewhat presentable.

Here's the logo currently:

I pretty much redid the logo entirely, and designed it to be 2 tone for shirts. This is where I need the most help, does this kind of stylized look make sense? I have no real experience in this arena so any pointers are greatly appreciated!

And of course I've been playing with different color schemes to try and figure out what a young-ish male is actually going to be interested in wearing (presuming they want to wear a shirt with such a logo on it in the first place lol).

And here's one mockup just for kicks ;)

So, let me know if the pixel-art itself holds up, and any other input you might have about it as a shirt in general if you have the time ;)

Thanks!

-JB

Offline TheMonsterAtlas

• View Profile

Re: Lazy Brain logo/t-shirt

Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 02:54:11 am
The two tone definitely looks way better I think you're ready to print man.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 07:41:29 am
My only qualm is with the rendering of the back of the brain. It may be more or less "accurate" but it sticks out like a sore thumb in comparison to the cleanliness and simplicity of the rest of the image. Other than that I agree it looks very professional.

Offline surt

• Meat by-product
    • not_surt
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2254.htm
    • View Profile
    • Uninhabitant

Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 08:02:34 am
I like the pink and white the best.

My only problem is the brain reads more like a headcrab than a brain. I know you want to simplify it but the front of it realy reads to me more like folded headcrab arms than brain folds.
Here a ref in a similar perspective.

Also I'm not too confident how well the pixeliness would read at that resolution when printed. I'd be inclined to drop the resolution some if pixeliness is what you're after.

Offline Lazy Brain Games

• View Profile
    • Lazy Brain Games

Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 07:12:17 pm
Thanks for the feedback guys! So I worked on the front a bit to make it look more brain-like. As for the back, I worked on darkening it a bit, but the style sort of limited that effort.

It dawned on me that I forgot to put in the classic Calvin & Hobbes star and swirl for the TV. Interestingly, I was going to have the cord for the controller go all the way to the box/entertainment center, but it somehow looks better as is.

I pretty much settled on 2 colors, the white and pink (which is my favorite too) and the lime green and white.

Here it is adapted for a light shirt

Let me know if these edits read okay. As for having it read as pixelated/blocky, it isn't much of a proirity, if someone wants to pull in to take a closer look it'll just serve as a neat surprise ;)

While its uncertain how many dudes are going to rock a pink logo, I figure I'll put it out there and see what happens.

Thanks again!

-Johnny B.

Offline infinitegames

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 08:39:37 pm
Wow, these look awesome! What a great improvement from the original full color logo :y:.

I would buy this shirt.

I really liked the hideous green and pink color combo that you discarded though :)

Offline Lazy Brain Games

• View Profile
    • Lazy Brain Games

Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 04:00:50 am
The logo had nowhere to go but up lol. I sent the lime green design out to the silk screeners, overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Thanks for the pointers everyone!

-JB