AuthorTopic: [WIP]Weird West Run 'n Gun Mockup [C+C]  (Read 2554 times)

Offline Skelly

• View Profile

[WIP]Weird West Run 'n Gun Mockup [C+C]

on: September 22, 2012, 09:39:07 pm

I've been working on this mockup for a few days now, and I'd like help push it further. The general concept is a side-scrolling shooter set in the post-apocalyptic Wild West and you are fighting off waves of cosmic horrors. I'm entertaining the idea that the score counter works like an antique cash register, swapping out flags as the value changes.

I'm envisioning this on a mobile device, so the screen would be scaled up(I might need to rework the aspect ratio). I'm assuming that the player would tap to shoot, so I've kept the HUD elements to the left side. Swiping up/down on the left side causes the truck to switch lanes.

Things I'm still considering/working on:
  • Enemies
  • Obstacles
  • Power-ups
  • A foreground parallax layer
  • Additional GUI elements

C+C very welcome.

Offline rikfuzz

• View Profile
    • twitter @hot_pengu

Re: [WIP]Weird West Run 'n Gun Mockup [C+C]

Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 03:21:24 pm
Looks really really cool. 

Made a few small changes, maybe not all of them to your taste, but hopefully something useful there!

1)  Made less dense rock texture without the thick outliney shading (was stealing focus a little). 
2)  Toned down the reds a litttle bit and upped the saturation and contrast on the blues.
3)  Made the road area taller, since that's the 'important' area.
4)  Added white dots on the tips of the missiles (they were getting a bit lost).
5)  Added a little bit of detail on the car, some highlights etc to help it stand out.

Good call on the HUD, might wanna let the user switch between hud on left or right for left handed people too.