AuthorTopic: Feature 09 - Autumn Tileset WIP - Forest tileset  (Read 134528 times)

Offline Beetleking22

• View Profile

Re: Autumn Tileset WIP - New cliff

Reply #150 on: December 03, 2012, 11:23:45 am
The colors seem a lot more natural in the newer one (not as pink) Honestly the old ones don't look that repetitive. You can also do another set of mountains that will fit with the others as well to even further break repetitiv....ity....

The pattern of stone is too repetitive if you look directly. They all have almost same shape and they are too apart from each other. My new one looks more natural because the pattern is bigger and they are Closed to each other.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 11:27:27 am by Beetleking22 »

Offline OneLongWord

• View Profile

Reply #151 on: December 08, 2012, 07:06:54 pm
That sure is some beautiful work. It's taken me a while to go through all those pages too.
You're developed the leaves so much, colour-wise, placement and shape yet I feel the trunk is being neglected, I think I personally have issues with the roots themselves, there seems to be no evidence that the roots ever go into the ground.

If you think about it realistically, the roots would be (at least) half submerged into the ground, I'd love to see some above like you have (maybe with a bit more detail, to reflect the amount of detail in the leaves) but also bumps in the grass where the roots go under. I feel like the Tree really needs to be held in place, by some clever shading showing the roots are there, without being shown.

hope this helps in some way. Just something different to think about I guess.

Offline Beetleking22

• View Profile

Reply #152 on: December 11, 2012, 05:19:17 am
How about this  ???

Offline Beetleking22

• View Profile

Reply #153 on: December 28, 2012, 03:17:24 pm
Here is my new tree wip.. I changed color and made new tree and also made hopefully better leaves.. So what you guys think?

Offline API-Beast

• beast_pixels
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35725.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Autumn Tileset WIP - New tree

Reply #154 on: December 28, 2012, 04:07:25 pm
The new trees suggest a more mature style, more into the direction of your old rocks:

That isn't bad (I quite liked those) but you have to decide if you want a more cartoony style or a more textured style. So far you seem to be switching back and forth between those two.

Offline Beetleking22

• View Profile

Reply #155 on: December 28, 2012, 04:24:28 pm
The new trees suggest a more mature style, more into the direction of your old rocks:

That isn't bad (I quite liked those) but you have to decide if you want a more cartoony style or a more textured style. So far you seem to be switching back and forth between those two.

Yeah i decided to make my style more detailed so everything now im  trying to make with same style and use same amount of colours for objects.

Offline Ymedron

• All draw and no paint!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart account

Reply #156 on: December 28, 2012, 10:46:31 pm
Separated I love the colors and details of the very newest trees. However, Im not very good at judging the consistency of a tileset. The trees suggest a more dark and mystical world, the kind where you get lost in a forest at night and meet a forest-god who is a skeletal deer or something...

Maybe lightening and yellowing the green tree might make it more cheerful, though Im not sure if it would look better.
Also my art tumblr: ymedronart.tumblr.com

Offline Beetleking22

• View Profile

Reply #157 on: December 29, 2012, 02:17:17 am
Separated I love the colors and details of the very newest trees. However, Im not very good at judging the consistency of a tileset. The trees suggest a more dark and mystical world, the kind where you get lost in a forest at night and meet a forest-god who is a skeletal deer or something...

Maybe lightening and yellowing the green tree might make it more cheerful, though Im not sure if it would look better.

The dark one is sketch color im not going to use it for my game but thank you for you tips..

Heres my newest update... its almost done but i need critic about this one..

Offline Ymedron

• All draw and no paint!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart account

Reply #158 on: December 29, 2012, 02:36:43 am
I'd say it is still as dark as the in-progress one, but regardless.

I think the trunk needs to be more separated from the bottom of the leaves, like a darker shadow..? Perhaps not.
You could try blending the clumps of leaves together a bit more, maybe make the darkest leaves less directional from the clumps, if that makes any sense.

Sorry Im not of much help here.
Also my art tumblr: ymedronart.tumblr.com

Offline Beetleking22

• View Profile

Reply #159 on: January 02, 2013, 05:19:24 pm
Uhh duhh another Tree practise.. Tried mix red with green.. not sure if this work... any opnion???