AuthorTopic: Feature 09 - Autumn Tileset WIP - Forest tileset  (Read 134512 times)

Offline Alanay

• View Profile

Re: Autumn Tileset WIP - Struggling with Rock texture

Reply #120 on: October 30, 2012, 04:57:20 pm
Thanks man, and I'm so jelly over those new ones! ;)

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #121 on: October 30, 2012, 06:20:45 pm
That new grass really rules! I love the bushes too. The only thing that bugs me about them is these linear highlights.

I tried "spotted" highlights instead, but it could be that they simply don't need additional highlights.

Offline Beetleking22

• View Profile

Reply #122 on: October 30, 2012, 07:54:00 pm
That new grass really rules! I love the bushes too. The only thing that bugs me about them is these linear highlights.

I tried "spotted" highlights instead, but it could be that they simply don't need additional highlights.

Thank you! Imo thats looks much better.

Offline Markus

• View Profile

Reply #123 on: October 30, 2012, 10:31:44 pm
Hey! Love this thread, not too fond of the tree trunks tho..  :-X

How about something like this?

(the one on the left side)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 10:33:23 pm by Markus »

Offline BlueArctica

• View Profile

Reply #124 on: October 31, 2012, 05:43:43 am
Hey! Love this thread, not too fond of the tree trunks tho..  :-X

How about something like this?

(the one on the left side)

I think the style of this tileset is supposed to be more whimsical, and the trunk that you suggested is just too realistic. Frankly I adore the trunk that's already in place.

That makes me so excited! I know I'm no where near as good as you but I did something very similar to yours but only using 3 colors (not including outline) I stole your grass though. :P Do you mind if I continue this little project? :)

Yes you can take them if you want... I starded make new grass.

Also, I love the new grass. It needed an update. This one is much more natural, while the old one was far too cartoonyacartoony and even.

Offline imnumberfour

• View Profile

Reply #125 on: October 31, 2012, 08:22:54 am
Honestly I feel the new grass and cliff faces have made this tileset completely lose it's stylized charm. It looks good, dont get me wrong, but I feel it had a much better impression and was more memorable with the stylized grass (including the colours) and the more siple cliffs.

Offline Beetleking22

• View Profile

Reply #126 on: October 31, 2012, 08:37:43 am
Honestly I feel the new grass and cliff faces have made this tileset completely lose it's stylized charm. It looks good, dont get me wrong, but I feel it had a much better impression and was more memorable with the stylized grass (including the colours) and the more siple cliffs.

I made new grass because the old one was too repetitive. I dont want make graphic too simple like a zelda snes/gba.. I know it has pretty much charm but I want bring back chrono trigger, Secret of mana, Terrarigma like a graphic back because i really miss those games.

Offline imnumberfour

• View Profile

Reply #127 on: October 31, 2012, 12:35:20 pm

I made new grass because the old one was too repetitive. I dont want make graphic too simple like a zelda snes/gba.. I know it has pretty much charm but I want bring back chrono trigger, Secret of mana, Terrarigma like a graphic back because i really miss those games.

I can understand the change, but will you at least keep the colour variation; even if it is more subtle?

Offline Beetleking22

• View Profile

Reply #128 on: November 02, 2012, 12:01:19 am

I can understand the change, but will you at least keep the colour variation; even if it is more subtle?

Yeah im going to keep color variation.. I started improve some of my tiles and i'm pretty happy with the  result. .. its still wip.  Im not sure but does the tree foliage now looks little bit of flat? I think perspective is little bit wrong?

Update:
- Smaller rock with cliff color
- More color variation  for grass texture
- New autumn leaf foliage
- New shadows

« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 09:46:29 am by Beetleking22 »

Offline Redshrike

• View Profile

Reply #129 on: November 02, 2012, 03:16:01 am
I will agree, the foliage looks rather flatter than the earlier one to me.  The outline is too perfectly oval, and there are essentially two levels of brightness, also divided by a nigh-oval.  I think a little bit of internal work and breaking up those ovals would help a lot.