AuthorTopic: Feature 09 - Autumn Tileset WIP - Forest tileset  (Read 134483 times)

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Re: Autumn Tileset WIP - Struggling with Rock texture

Reply #50 on: September 22, 2012, 08:04:56 am
nice progress, the new one definitely works much better.

the trees perspective fits, and one thing I've noticed that improves it's autumn-ness a lot is the colours are more warm, and the balance of contrast and saturation in your latest works quite well.

only thing I noticed after looking at it awhile is that the clusters of flowers seem to be in a different ground perspective than everything else, but I suppose it's not that noticeable.

Offline Beetleking22

• View Profile

Reply #51 on: September 22, 2012, 11:49:21 am
nice progress, the new one definitely works much better.

the trees perspective fits, and one thing I've noticed that improves it's autumn-ness a lot is the colours are more warm, and the balance of contrast and saturation in your latest works quite well.

only thing I noticed after looking at it awhile is that the clusters of flowers seem to be in a different ground perspective than everything else, but I suppose it's not that noticeable.

Thank Grimsane and thank you for finding that little problem :y:

New tree color

« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 05:18:16 pm by Beetleking22 »

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Reply #52 on: September 23, 2012, 04:19:47 am
I actually like your old style leaves more...they were very symbolic looking, but I don't think that's a bad thing. It looked very unique. Reminded me a bit of Animal Crossing or Link to the Past, in that it favored style over realism. The new leaves also look a little too fluffy for me. It feels like I should pet your trees now!
My favorite version so far is the "Old" on in your four color comparison chart thing. The muted colors working with the symbolic leaves really give off an Autumn atmosphere to me. =)

The new one's nice too, though!

Offline imnumberfour

• View Profile

Re: Autumn Tileset Wip

Reply #53 on: September 23, 2012, 09:17:00 am

I love TomF works very much but my style is much simpler than Tomf. I tried to test how it looks if i make very similar leaf texture than Tomf.. And this is the result. I added more than green color imo because it looked boring with my green colors.

My style is little bit like zelda and mother 3 mix. I like very simple style.

You ever going to work this into it? :)

Offline Beetleking22

• View Profile

Reply #54 on: September 23, 2012, 09:52:22 am

I love TomF works very much but my style is much simpler than Tomf. I tried to test how it looks if i make very similar leaf texture than Tomf.. And this is the result. I added more than green color imo because it looked boring with my green colors.

My style is little bit like zelda and mother 3 mix. I like very simple style.

You ever going to work this into it? :)

If you mean the road then yes.. here is little Wip progress if you wan to see it...

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #55 on: September 23, 2012, 10:24:32 am
although the trunks and trees are much more interesting to look at in their latest incarnation, there's something odd about it: the tail of the roots are now pointing *upwards* ... that's very nice design for wood-crafted armchair but you're deliberately going in the opposite way reality goes.

(that may have been the intent, but if that's not the case, roots might need a final edit).

Offline imnumberfour

• View Profile

Reply #56 on: September 23, 2012, 12:50:48 pm
If you mean the road then yes.. here is little Wip progress if you wan to see it...

Hopefully you are still going to have thje multicoloured foliage?

Offline Beetleking22

• View Profile

Reply #57 on: September 23, 2012, 01:03:47 pm
although the trunks and trees are much more interesting to look at in their latest incarnation, there's something odd about it: the tail of the roots are now pointing *upwards* ... that's very nice design for wood-crafted armchair but you're deliberately going in the opposite way reality goes.

(that may have been the intent, but if that's not the case, roots might need a final edit).

There is actually one root that is pointing upwards but its still need final edit maybe?... Perhaps lack of realism is good sometimes?.. I have seen in zelda unrealistic tree and it still look aweseome..

Hopefully you are still going to have thje multicoloured foliage?

Foliage yes but Im not sure if multicoloured works.. have to try again  :y:

« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 01:05:30 pm by Beetleking22 »

Offline Beetleking22

• View Profile

Reply #58 on: September 24, 2012, 11:46:31 am
So the foliage is almost done.. Any critic?

Offline API-Beast

• beast_pixels
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35725.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #59 on: September 24, 2012, 12:11:13 pm
I think the less detailed version worked better with the style especially since the grass and the road are just flat colors too. You should just put such detail into the objects which should be in the foreground (such as the trees)