Critique > Pixel Art Feature Chest

Feature 09 - Autumn Tileset WIP - Forest tileset

<< < (2/37) > >>

Facet:
Really nice colours 'n flowers 'n stuff so far, more please ;D.

I don't think the view is that far off really (assuming 'RPG perspective') To avoid potential issues try mapping stuff onto and around a really basic wireframe like so and have a read of Cyangmou's thorough illustrated explanation here if you haven't already.

Some important stuff you could do to reinforce the projection:

* Overlap often to display priority. Try covering more of the trunk with the canopy, it looks a bit like the trunk is in front here.
* Similarily, cement a connection with the ground plane by placing roots behind the trunk as well as in front to avoid a cardboard cut-out effect. Try working upwards from a 'footprint' instead of fumbling for purchase when you reach the floor.

Beetleking22:
Holy shit that edit  :'( Here is my wip edit...  How the heck you did so good tree cornes I mean leaf cornes..???

Facet:
To try and avoid the impression of it being a smooth object with a flat drawing on it I just overlapped the borders and selectively outlined on the undersides. I've diagramed that and also generally how I'd use guidelines to map details onto contours convincingly ; getting progressively more shear as the form does. Hope it helps.

More autumnal ideas: Piles of leaves, ferns, fruit/nuts on the trees, ripe grain, brambles, pumpkins. Hedgehogs and foxes and squirrels. *wistful sigh*

Beetleking22:

--- Quote from: Facet on September 07, 2012, 11:04:37 pm ---To try and avoid the impression of it being a smooth object with a flat drawing on it I just overlapped the borders and selectively outlined on the undersides. I've diagramed that and also generally how I'd use guidelines to map details onto convincing contours; getting progressively more shear as the form does. Hope it helps.

More autumnal ideas: Piles of leaves, ferns, fruit/nuts on the trees, ripe grain, brambles, pumpkins. Hedgehogs and foxes and squirrels. *wistful sigh*

--- End quote ---

Thank you very much Facet!  Im going to practise this thing..

Here is my ground tileset...  What you guys think? Do you think it is too simple? I have seen in many game simple ground tiles but I think this is too simple..

PypeBros:

--- Quote from: Beetleking22 on September 08, 2012, 12:19:48 pm ---Thank you very much Facet!  Im going to practise this thing..

Here is my ground tileset...  What you guys think? Do you think it is too simple? I have seen in many game simple ground tiles but I think this is too simple..

--- End quote ---
Most of all, it's very square-ish. For leaves patch, organic boundaries would be better.

I'm applying the "seam points" technique posted some times ago by some folk here, but I failed to find the original post.
You might want to have diagonal tiles for such patches, not only squares (unless you're definitely focusing on "a screen-sized patch of no-leaves on which fighting can take place, of course).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version