AuthorTopic: Buljen  (Read 3781 times)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Buljen

on: June 15, 2006, 10:09:50 am

i had a temporary block trying to work on a project, so i just started playing around; i kinda like it.  plan to animate it for practice.  inspired by ahruon, orkimedes, and the recent demon's crest critique.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline junkboy

• jnkboy
    • jnkboy
    • View Profile

Re: Buljen

Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 01:57:52 pm
With all the small details in this sprite I'm anxious to see how you're gonna pull of an animated version.. Looking great so far, though!

Offline big brother

• herculeanpixel.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site

Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 02:26:32 pm
Great color choices. The head is a bit hard to make out... is it a skull wearing some sort of helmet? Also, is that exterior AA around the shoulder?

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 03:27:30 pm
With all the small details in this sprite I'm anxious to see how you're gonna pull of an animated version..
Well if it isnt achallenge, then its not veryg ood practice :P
Great color choices. The head is a bit hard to make out... is it a skull wearing some sort of helmet? Also, is that exterior AA around the shoulder?
thanks, though i exercised less conservation than usual because im not sure yet if im happy with the tatoos or their colors.  The head is something like a person with a really elongated mouth and nose.  the bright pixel in the moth is a large fang and the frontal dark spot is his nose.  and yeah hes got a helmet on around his rhino-horns.  there is some AA around the shoulder, but it doesnt really show up too much except on a REALLY dark bg.  i made it on a 128.128.128 field.  i can get rid of it though if you think it needs getting rid of
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 03:58:57 pm
nice!  the contrast is very good, though for an enemy sprite it might be a little too desaturated, i think that is subjective though.  despite the level of the detail it is VERY readable, the forms are perfectly clear, i'm jealous!

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 08:51:39 pm
This blows away your avatar, maybe you should change it?
This guy has a bunch of character, very nice.