AuthorTopic: Funny Monkey  (Read 12309 times)

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: Funny Monkey

Reply #20 on: July 31, 2012, 09:27:23 pm
yea, ideally, these would be colored..
but just trying to generate some concepts first i guess..
here's a guy..

rolling head

face boots..

funny monkey lion..

rolling man..

cat..

licker..

//edit ptoing: Please do not doublepost, edit your last message when no one has replied. You have read the rules I take it.

editalex: okays well..

swallowing..

rolling..
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 04:08:30 pm by Alex Hanson-White »

Offline Âme

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: August 01, 2012, 05:50:32 pm
these all remind me of Shel Silverstein drawings. :) The baby and the monkey are the best things so far imo.
It would be hilarious if the baby would walk and fall flat on his face.
I second this. I think you should keep the rolling but also have one where he waddles a few steps and then tips over.  :crazy: also after you throw the baby if bounced off something then just sat there stunned for a few seconds then started sucking on its pacifier or got back up and started walking away.

This would be a really cute game in that really horrible sort of way...

good luck... :)

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: August 01, 2012, 06:01:17 pm
interesting stuff, quite whacky and whimsical, and I initially read the first animation as a spiral headed man too, I think keeping the sketcherly aesthetic will have a unique edge, can't help but feel I walked into an insane asylum after staring at these awhile :P

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #23 on: August 01, 2012, 06:27:25 pm
thanks  :crazy:

The baby and the monkey are the best things so far imo.

I agree.. which is why I now will make the baby do more..

baby can morph..

baby landing..

Offline rikfuzz

• View Profile
    • twitter @hot_pengu

Reply #24 on: August 01, 2012, 07:48:24 pm
These are pretty awesome.  Looking forward to seeing how these strange pieces fit together, and what weird world they live in.  Tell more about the project, how do they fit together, how are they gonna be presented?  Or is it just a fun exercise?

Offline Lachie Dazdarian

• View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff

Reply #25 on: August 01, 2012, 10:12:45 pm
The rolling creatures really make me think about a game where all characters roll...for no reason. :P

The licker is an awesome design.

This is all drawn with mouse, Alex?

Hope you won't mind a short digression.

I'm having huge problems with drawing on my tablet, but my drawing skills are also quite poor ATM. Just wondering if I upping my drawing skills with normal pen and paper will it show when I try it with mouse. Your experience? Thanks for answering.

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Reply #26 on: August 01, 2012, 11:46:05 pm
I'm having huge problems with drawing on my tablet, but my drawing skills are also quite poor ATM. Just wondering if I upping my drawing skills with normal pen and paper will it show when I try it with mouse. Your experience? Thanks for answering.
What's the problem you're having with the tablet? I don't think a mouse will be much different, honestly. But being a better artist will obviously help your artwork, no matter what you're using to draw with, right? =)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 11:51:52 pm by jams0988 »

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #27 on: August 02, 2012, 02:25:21 am
These are pretty awesome.  Looking forward to seeing how these strange pieces fit together, and what weird world they live in.  Tell more about the project, how do they fit together, how are they gonna be presented?  Or is it just a fun exercise?

I'm kind of leaving things open at the moment- allowing things to evolve as I add stuff I guess.
I have a few key ideas regarding story twists, but other than that, just doing whatever at the moment.

This is all drawn with mouse, Alex?

yea, this is all done with the mouse. I like to use the mouse for pixel art because i find it easier to position the cursor and just click whereas with a tablet you're using more of a stroke motion.. but yea, depends on what you're going for I guess.. For low-res graphics, it makes more sense to me to just use a mouse, but if you're comfortable with a tablet (I find it takes a while to get comfortable to using a tablet), then it makes no big difference as long as you're drawing things how you intend them. So yea, drawing in general will help in any case. Like with any skill, the more you do it and experiment and see what works and doesn't, the more you get comfortable with conveying whatever you want

monkey can ride..

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Reply #28 on: August 02, 2012, 05:19:55 am
haha wow that latest addition is awesome  :lol: the entire thing is full of such bizarreness and character hope this keeps going and evolves into something playable, your animation skills are quite competent you're breathing alot of (crazy) life into them.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #29 on: August 02, 2012, 07:33:49 am
I have to say I was a bit skeptical with the first anim, but the more you did the greater the project became. Rollinglion is my favorite
but all have that great whacky feel. The black/white has grown on me but it would be nice to see what you would do with them in color.

Any chance for tiles? Mockup? We all want it to be playable at this point!