AuthorTopic: cowboy main character sprite  (Read 10016 times)

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Re: cowboy main character sprite

Reply #10 on: July 22, 2012, 12:34:08 pm
no crits persay, but I must say that's a major improvement on the walk cycle, the other's look just like foot sliding and like line dancing or something the latest one has a sense of distance and stride to the legs motion, those 2 extra frames work a charm  ;D

actually staring at it some more, I am not too sure about the foot clusters on the idle pose especially compared to the side on ones

something like that maybe?

really cool character, environment seems to be shaping up decently so far too, judging from the rough out

Offline r1k

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: July 22, 2012, 01:44:28 pm
heh, ya the first animation was wierd, but on the bright side if I decide to make a line dancing mini game I can use that animation  :lol:

thanks for the edits on the foot, those 2 pixels actually help alot.

Im trying to do the side view walk, but Im not sure how to do side view walk in 6 frames.  I did the torso rotation and just roughly drew in some legs that animate pretty bad right now, it sort of skips

I might lower his hands a pixel to look more like their on his belt.  Also cant seem to get the same sort of walk I had in the down sprite for the side sprite.

Offline r1k

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 11:54:37 am
Ive redone the legs for side view walking, hows this look

Offline Friend

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 03:33:39 pm
The side walk looks great now.  Though from the side,  the hands on the belt cowboy strut loses its power and is a lot more hard to notice.  Maybe exaggerate the rotation on his left arm (or both+ the hips) to compensate? 

Offline r1k

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 12:15:45 pm
ok ive tried to make it rotate more but I guess its not that noticable

also Ive made the punching animation for the side sprite

it looks a little off when he brings his arm back.
used this for reference http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/43480.htm

Offline r1k

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 01:04:28 pm
ok I think I fixed the porblem with the punching.   I removed 1 drawback frame and modified the other, then made the feet positions consistent with the standing sprite

I tried to make the punching south animation too

tell me if that looks ok, I had a bit of trouble extending the arm down into the next 16x16 square.

next some tiles

the image in the upper left is what Im trying to base the style on, I think its from Beyond Oasis for genesis.
Im running into the problem though that my reference uses many unique tiles for a single situation.  My game uses an auto tiling code to put the correct wall tile in depending on surrounding tiles.  The lower right image shows the 8 unique tiles that I would need.  But it ends up looking a little repitive so perhaps a simpler style would be better, what do you think?  Maybe this style could work if I improved the tiles a bit and made them tile better though.

Offline API-Beast

• beast_pixels
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35725.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 04:41:10 pm
You should improve your auto-tiling engine to choose from variations ;D

By the way, from where does that example come? I like that style.

Offline Chris Burrows

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 05:53:31 pm