AuthorTopic: Looking for a game  (Read 4954 times)

Offline Phlakes

• View Profile

Looking for a game

on: August 08, 2012, 03:06:47 am
It's a long shot to ask here, but a while back I saw some art from a game, found it on the Spriter's Resource and good times were had.

But then I forgot what it was and after a week of searching and asking around I haven't managed to find it again.

It's a fighting game, I'm not sure which system, but it was (obviously) pixel art, and some real sexy art at that. It wasn't one of the main franchises (SF, MvC, KoF, and all those), and it was something that I hadn't heard of before so it's probably relatively obscure, and most likely older, maybe around Genesis times.

I'm pretty sure some of the stages were named after the characters, like "X's Stage", at least at TSR, and were animated, and I think some of them had night versions. One of them was a dark city street with an train that would pass above the ground on an elevated track and shine lights on the buildings, and I think another one was in a jungle or something. And that's pretty much all I can remember.

So if anyone happens to have a guess I'd appreciate that, and I suppose the art itself is something everyone else can appreciate if it's found.

Offline Stab

• I'M WILLOWS!
    • View Profile

Re: Looking for a game

Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 03:21:38 am
Card Saga Wars?

http://cardgallery.tales-tra.com/main.htm

I'm reasonably confident. Certainly eye-catching, art wise... plus it's awesome to see some of your favorite video game characters smash some of your -other- favorite video game characters ^^

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 03:51:03 am
Fighting games are cool. :y:
My guess is Garou: Mark of the Wolves (Also known as Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves).

It's got some great characters, animations, backdrops etc.
Also stages like you described: animated, some have night versions, named after character, elevated train with lights on building.

Here's the source link.
http://snk.wikia.com/wiki/Garou:_Mark_of_the_Wolves

But I'd say this sort of idea is common in games so it could be something else.
Regardless, if you're a fan of fighting games and haven't played this you should give it a try.
The gameplay is solid and it has some fun features.
I still pull this out on Dreamcast with some friends every once in a while.
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline Phlakes

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 04:53:01 am
Fighting games are cool. :y:
My guess is Garou: Mark of the Wolves (Also known as Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves).

That's it. And now I feel better about my competence, because I actually did come across it again while searching TSR but it didn't have the stages up anymore, so I naturally figured it wasn't the right one.

Anyway, thanks, I'll remember to save them this time.

Offline Phlakes

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 11:49:16 pm
Sorry for the double post, but in a turn of events that shouldn't have surprised me one bit, this happened to show up today.

*sigh. Still appreciate the help, though.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 04:01:54 pm
Yeah Garou isnt even that obscure, it IS by SNK after all. When I think obscure I think something like Daraku Tenshi or Rumble Fish

When Spriter's Resource disappoints you try http://www.emugif.com/ I love this one because they will rip a fightgame character's whole move list and post them in gif form. I used to hooked to it like a crack addict saving every little move XD

What I dont understand is why even though it was emulated AGES ago nobody has ripped Warzards / Red Earth in gif form.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 04:54:30 pm by Conceit »