AuthorTopic: Disgruntled Dude (Fighter Sprite?) and an unrelated Friend  (Read 3005 times)

Offline bumman

• View Profile
    • The-Erasers
Hello all, I'm still pretty new to the forums, and I haven't really been active in other ones until recently so I'm bit rusty on pixeling (as well as some of the basic forum terminology too, lol)

11 colors + bg

He's actually based on a drawing I did a while back, and I guess the style's pretty weird. I'm fairly satisfied with the colors, though he could probably be punched up a bit more or something. I couldn't get myself to get rid of the black outline either. Ah well.

14 colors + bg

I actually made this a while back, though it's probably one of the better things I've made in a long time. Same with the black outline here too, though I'm pretty happy with it.

Thanks for looking, and any c&c is appreciated.

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Re: Disgruntled Dude (Fighter Sprite?) and an unrelated Friend

Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 07:43:48 pm
Those sprites are pretty cool. Nice and simple, good colors too. I think they could benefit from some anti-aliasing though, just an opinion though. Hmm the chick on the bottom, might look better if you extended her head <way and/or > way 1 or two pixels (right now seems kinda like an egg shape, which is odd given the chibi proportions).

Offline bumman

• View Profile
    • The-Erasers

Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 11:10:11 pm

Wow, I'd never really noticed that before. Extending her head back a pixel really did make a difference! I went ahead and made that other eye bigger though since she looked a little special after the change, lol. I would attempt to AA these, but I need to totally refresh on that stuff. They'd probably look like crap if I tried it now.

But yeah, thanks a lot for the advice! It's nice to actually get some criticism unlike on DevArt (OH wow a sprite ++FAV)

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 11:25:59 pm
Don't anti-alias these, I love the no AA style. The first one reminds me of Tsugumo, which is a good thing of course! The boots on the second are cool