AuthorTopic: The Other Brothers  (Read 5455 times)

Offline ThomasP

• View Profile

The Other Brothers

on: July 18, 2012, 06:44:23 pm
Hey there everybody!

This is an awesome forum I have to say. Lots of great pixel art! I wanted to take the opportunity to show you guys what we are working on. It's called "The Other Brothers" and is going to be a pixelated family fun platformer. Below are some images. Please visit us or leave a comment here.

http://www.tobgame.com

https://www.facebook.com/theotherbrothersgame

http://www.indiedb.com/games/the-other-brothers

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Re: The Other Brothers

Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 08:53:38 pm
whoa dude this is pretty epic, one of best thing drawing parallels to Super Mario Bros I've seen to date  :D

and look at dat art  :0' very modern pixel stylings even with the crisp higher resolution, vignetting and alpha blending elements still don't break away too much to ruin the pixels (become kinda normal too in modern pixel-sthetically inclined games i spose)

difficult to fill a HD space with pixels I notice it's a mix of 2x pixels and there are quite alot of single pixel clusters is it due to sprite rotation, screen scaling, sprite and element scaling or anything like that or are the assets and animations created with mixed pixel resolutions?

Offline ThomasP

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 09:31:54 pm
Hey there Grimsane,

Thank you so much for your kind words and compliments :) The whole team appreciates it! We're not mixing resolutions in our game. It's all painted in a consistent manner. You will see once the game goes live sometime later. Thanks for checking us out!

Offline Ashbad

• I am governor Jerry Brown
    • View Profile
    • SoundCloud

Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 01:18:09 am
I agree, this looks great!  Love the style, definitely digging the environment of the game.  I can only imagine what that first scene looks like animated (looks like it's a boss scene, if so a clever and cool one at that).

As for what Grimsane was saying about single-pixel clusters, I did notice some specifically in the sky (there are some 1x1 and 1x2 large stars, as opposed to being a uniform 2x2) other than that I don't see any others but of course Grimsane has a better eye than me so I probably won't find them as easily as he did :P

Offline ThomasP

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 04:11:39 pm
Thanks Ashbad! The first shot is indeed a boss-battle :) Glad you like our visuals!

Thomas P.

Offline ThomasP

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 09:44:24 pm

Hi again guys!!

The Other Brothers Kickstarter Campaign is now live! Your support is crucial and oh so appreciated. Please, become a Backer and help us bring back some good, family, Retro Pixel fun!!! Facebook our campaign, share it, tweet it, message it, text it!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/theotherbrothers/the-other-brothers

Thank you in advance!

Offline API-Beast

• beast_pixels
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35725.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 12:58:08 am
My bad-aesthetics sensor beeps uncontrollably at those non-anti-aliased non-straight boxes  :'(

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 10:06:57 pm
This looks great! I really want a poster, pledged some moolah, hope you reach your goal!

Offline Lachie Dazdarian

• View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff

Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 03:51:07 pm
I don't not like your approach to charge entry into the beta testing team. I mean, advertise it as a privilege.

Beta testing is paid and I would assume that the money you collect from fans and supporters of the project would be used, in part, to finance beta testing. Or at least, select supporters interested to beta test the game pro bono.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 04:26:56 pm
I don't not like your approach to charge entry into the beta testing team. I mean, advertise it as a privilege.

Beta testing is paid and I would assume that the money you collect from fans and supporters of the project would be used, in part, to finance beta testing. Or at least, select supporters interested to beta test the game pro bono.

It's a new trend popularized by Minecraft.