AuthorTopic: New comer~ Here is a WIP  (Read 4335 times)

Offline llshadow

• View Profile

New comer~ Here is a WIP

on: June 14, 2006, 04:34:31 pm
 ;D
I got the forum's address from a friend~

Here is a WIP
EVIL

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Re: New comer~ Here is a WIP

Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 05:03:53 pm
Wow, looking pretty sexy so far. Could maybe use another shade between the darkest (outline) and the current darkest shadow, but this is clearly an early WIP, so... Dunno, you probably plan on it anyway. Something about the way the ribs stick out overthe arm, but the waist is partially behind the elbow seems a bit odd, and the thighs are massive, but it is an imaginary creature, so anatomy crits are probably a bit asinine.
Anyway, sweet shit. Can't wait to see it finished. The pose is looking pretty killer, and I'm very much loving the face/head.

Oh, and welcome to the boards! :D

Offline Retro

• Tropical.
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 05:12:04 pm
Hey shadow!
Tremulant said some stuff that I didn't really notice before, the hips are kinda large and the ribs kinda look out of place, I dunno, maybe it's inhaling or something  ???

Loving it. Nice design man, the colours are insane. Can't wait to see it finished.
Retro Pro

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 05:38:50 pm
its not that the ribs look big, but that the waist looks small. I assume you want him to look like he's starving, but at the moment it looks like he has no transverse abdominals.

edit: also looks like he has no hip bones.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 07:51:38 pm by Alex Hanson-White »

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 07:45:46 pm
Quite dynamic, hope to see this sucker finished =3. It's face is looking really cool already.

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 06:45:28 am
its not that the ribs look big, but that the waist looks small. I assume you want him to look like he's starving, but at the moment it looks like he has no transverse abdominals.

edit: also looks like he has no hip bones.
Who says it has human anatomy?

Offline David

• View Profile
    • I Am Not Original

Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 06:51:23 am
Saying it doesn't is just a lazy excuse to leave it incorrect. People who don't give regard to anatomy are just sad.

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 07:02:08 am
obviousely its supposed to resemble human anatomy - thus it should follow as such, as David has said.  I personally dont like the highlight colour without a buffer colour underneith it.  It looks way to bold compared to the rest of the colours.  Your stuff remind's me alot of Splat Pixel's stuff in regards to the excellent followthrough with anatomy - but incorrect situations to begin with.  especially in the other piece you posted here.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 11:52:35 am
All chordates have similar muscle groups, and this is clearly a chordate.  i wouldnt know how to describe it furthur (depends on if that thing is a wing or hair) but nonetheless the muscles would be present, or if not present, then replaced with ones that serve to make the animal function properly.  'its not human' is a good enough excuse to avoid making human anatomy, but animals also should have functional anatomy.  at the moment, there is nothing there to hold his bowls in (the primary function of abs) and no spinal support in the same region.  this creature would crumple and die the moment he tried to stand even if it is some sort of demon.  physics is physics and would cause his spine to snap under the weight of his upper body.

i like the style, and though clearly very much a WIP still it would be really cool to see this finished

PS: so im not the only one that thought of Splat? :P
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.