AuthorTopic: Still working on Zelda-esque tiles/enemies...need help!  (Read 6963 times)

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Re: Still working on Zelda-esque tiles/enemies...need help!

Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 02:26:04 pm
Ah, of course. That's an option too! Thanks, BowTie. =D
I added a frame of squash very quickly just by squishing his sprite with the editor, but it looked like crap, so I took it out. That's probably because of the way I did the squashing though, not because of the squash itself. I'll try again with a better-drawn frame before I take the stretch out. Now that I look at him again, he's kind of taking a hard landing, too. I'll try adding another frame to make his face "roll" more when he lands to soften the impact a bit...

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Re: Still working on Zelda-esque tiles/enemies...need help!

Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 08:20:49 am
He should be a very playful, charming enemy when he's finished. ^ ^
I'm sure he will be.

1. I second the use of a "squashed" frame, preferably where he remains a triangular shape with the same orientation, but a "wider" triangle, if that makes sense.
2. I suggest a small bounce backwards before he resumes to the idle sprite at the end of the attack.
3. Maybe that's what you do already, but you'll for sure be able to figure out the best animation faster if you just simplify it to a triangle and a string tail.

The look has some echoes in "Kirby: Squeek Squads" too... but well, you've clearly move beyond the point where such reference is of any use.