AuthorTopic: WIP character animations  (Read 3177 times)

Offline mikembley

• Pow!
    • View Profile

WIP character animations

on: July 11, 2012, 06:25:58 am
Been trying my hand at some animation, Which i'm fairly happy with.

I eventually want to make 8 direction animations, which is what the last still frame is for, But i am struggling to translate the characters form when drawing his direction south east, so far it looks like his face has been pushed in.

I guess i would appreciate some kind words of advice, Other comments are welcome on other aspects of the character.

The yellow version was the initial design

Offline xanthier

• I need a lightsaber!
    • View Profile

Re: WIP character animations

Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 07:30:41 pm
Cute, it looks pretty good to me, not being an expert...though I think I prefer the initial design, or maybe just the colors.
For this, a long time have I waited.

Offline mikembley

• Pow!
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 05:35:49 am
Thank you for your words.

I agree with you, The first one seems more vibrant and cute, And you were spot on, I changed the colours to reflect the original.

I also changed the eyes, because they felt too small

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 07:26:06 pm
cute, colour suggestion, I think the fire-esque red-orange on the hair was effective in your earlier version, and also redder dark tones

also with the animation you posted, there is one particular frame that is 1 pixel too high and causes a sudden jerky motion, also in this edit suggestion of frame re-use, on the middle length leg frame, to better transition the strides, the fiery hair needs a bit of work but the walk looks pretty smooth arm and leg motion wise :)

an artifact of a certain zoom level produced this, (i reproduced what I saw) and while it is ultra cute, not too sure if the mouth opening is a bit too busy or not, but just posted it to see what you thought, it could work if the cuteness is what you are pushing.

*just noticed the eyebrow inconsistencies might wanna look into that too

Offline mikembley

• Pow!
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 11:04:39 pm
I was wondering what made it seem like he was stomping his right foot down!

The reddish tones on the head and body make it easier to look at, And I agree the current hair doesn't look much like fire yet

Those aren't really eyebrows, I was trying to give the eyes some form of depth, i guess they aren't even needed tbh.

I love the mouth animation, makes him look like he is making noises on his travels *boop boop boop*

Thank you Grim, I'll take these into consideration :)