AuthorTopic: Which do you prefer? [C&C]  (Read 7562 times)

Offline Zettman

• Prinny, dood.
    • View Profile

Re: Which do you prefer? [C&C]

Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 10:08:37 am

You're all noobs, his palettes so bright it blinds kids all the way in Africa.

Offline Jeremy

• howdy
    • pixellerjeremy
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19218.htm
    • pixellerjeremy
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 10:44:43 am
That must be it. Everyone but you is blind to the massive advantages given by muscly babies with no contrast. Is camouflage an integral game mechanic or something? :lol:

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 11:48:04 am
Colors are tools used to convey information.
You seem to be ignoring or not utilizing the fact that colors have inherent luminance values:

Get into the habit of grayscaling images to keep track of contrast and clarity.
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #13 on: July 05, 2012, 12:26:45 pm
Zettman? "I win"? "You're all noobs?"

This isn't how we do things around here. You've got a strike. Three and you're out. Please consider your attitude in the future. If you want to contest this strike or anything else, take it up with me in PMs.

Offline Zettman

• Prinny, dood.
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 03:30:46 pm
I got dragged into this dumb contest anyways, didn't even want to post my stuff here. The only helpful post was the one before the strike lol, which actually showed some contrast value differences - stuff I already knew btw.

kthxbye

Offline Blaze Enigma

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: July 05, 2012, 03:51:04 pm
I got dragged into this dumb contest anyways, didn't even want to post my stuff here. The only helpful post was the one before the strike lol, which actually showed some contrast value differences - stuff I already knew btw.

kthxbye

You got 'dragged' into this, because you edited my work, and claimed it was a 'correct' edit, but following said edit would go against what I knew, hence this post to clarify

Offline TheMonsterAtlas

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: July 05, 2012, 04:51:48 pm
If it's any help I'd say I don't like either .___.

I don't feel either convey a good perspective and the proportions are both off. Though like everyone said the one on the far right has better coloring techniques than the one on the left. Then I think Zettman is being a spoiled baby too.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 07:24:14 am
Zettman:

His palette may be bright in terms of value, but as noted before, it is not so in terms of saturation. Your fragrant exaggerations only serve to lessen your reputation, and not the quality of the art you are insulting.

The isometric base is not too bad. Very muscle-baby of course, but still a step above the earlier ones. The rib cage protrudes a little much and the torso is extremely too long.

If you already knew about how to utilize value effectively, then pixelpiledriver would not have needed to make the critique.

Looking at your deviant art it's obvious you have some talent. It would be a shame to see it wasted on someone who is too thick-skinned to think that they are anything but perfect.