AuthorTopic: WIP Forum Avatar CC needed  (Read 2669 times)

Offline DungeonDan

• View Profile

WIP Forum Avatar CC needed

on: July 03, 2012, 01:28:33 am
Makeing this for fun just wanting to make me a avatar for here

NOw this guy is a frog-faced shroom monster

any help and CC be great

Offline DungeonDan

• View Profile

Re: WIP Forum Avatar CC needed

Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 04:14:40 am

UPDATE

Let me know what you see error wise and any ways i can make this better

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 04:31:22 am
"frog-faced shroom monster"
well it reads like a guy with goggles wearing a cute hat, which can be likened to a mushroom cap "shroom" or with a green slime riding on his head, so frog faced doesn't really fit unless you had his actual face as a frog head, and "monster" he reads as a human, just letting you know :P so not so much critiquing the art as your naming convention and logic, the piece itself doesn't look bad for the intended style, but I do notice the lighting is very banded and inconsistent, the 'cap' shows a more upper left style light source where as the body reads more frontal left side, the main issue being the highlight on the front right shorts leg (your left) being too bright

Offline DungeonDan

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 05:41:15 pm
Im rlly  like how this has come *new name* Toad Assassin

Offline Friend

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 06:14:23 pm
Hi DungeonDan.  I think your cool sprite suffers a bit from hard to distinguish clusters.  I think you can darken the outlines between them to add more clarification.  Here's just an example, but you might want to take the idea further or do it your own way.  And don't mind the colors, I was just playing with some new ones just for fun.  
Also, the green grass blends in too much with the pants and shirt.  I'd suggest hue shifting or changing the grass colors altogether.  Maybe a more reddish grass to contrast the green

Oh yeah, and your image has 33 colors, which is a tad ridonkulous: http://hivemind.in/pj/specs/index.php?urls=http%3A%2F%2Fi59.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fg285%2Fblunt69690%2FfrogA6.png
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 07:17:27 pm by Friend »