AuthorTopic: 16x16 sprite w/animation Need C&C ASAp  (Read 3288 times)

Offline DungeonDan

• View Profile

16x16 sprite w/animation Need C&C ASAp

on: June 30, 2012, 11:33:50 pm

Offline JonasO

• View Profile

Re: 16x16 sprite w/animation Need C&C ASAp

Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 11:40:55 pm
why the white face? why the random pixels at the right? why the black pixel when the arm goes back? Why is the hair so sticky (why not moving)? Apart from that it looks pretty good, the animation is fluid, the arms wiggle a bit much but with 16px there's only so much you can do but you should try to remove that. Aslo I'm under the impression that the arms spend too much time in the front...

Kind regards, Jonas

Offline DungeonDan

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 08:26:23 pm
Update

Finished the the north and east animations and started makeing some of the classes  tell me what you think

Next post will have a mock up and some more of the heros

Offline elderPixark

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 11:03:30 pm
The restrictiveness of your sprites are reminiscent of some RPGs on the NES.

What are you making these sprites for? It's not fair that you just post the sprites and demand quick c+c!

As of now, your sprites look kind of monochromatic. That can be a good thing, but with what you're trying to do, a little color enhancement can mean a whole lot.

The skin tone you have chosen is very subtle and washed out next to white. The black in your palette is too strong against these colors and drowns all the detail. If you're going to stick to three colors, you will need to keep a dark color. I would experiment a little with heavily saturated dark colors. In any case, your second color should be somewhere in between that and your lightest color. Since your palette is so small, try to make a "ramp" between your darkest and lightest colors with the one in the middle.

Many sprite palettes on the NES do not use the peach skin tone that you are using here, just FYI. If you're going to stick with it, instead of using white, you may want to use a very washed out sky blue, which will stand out against the orange-y skin tone (basic color theory; complementary colors).

For the most part, your sprite animation is OK. If I saw it in a NES game, it would probably fit right in. Not much you can do with a limited frame rate and the size limitation, but you might consider animating his hair a little bit for a final touch.

Offline DungeonDan

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 01:25:44 am
edited the cape a bit

And elderPixark im working on a byond game here the link to the ad that lead me to the job
http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=839193

i dont know much about the game myself as of yet but im doing this for free just for fun but i want it to look good and do the best i can so im trying.

If you could give me a edit on what you were talking about on the skin or a image example that be a big help