AuthorTopic: Pixel/2D/Illustrator :: Artist needed (Flash Game Development/Flixel) ::  (Read 3626 times)

Offline psycode

• View Profile

We are looking for a talented inspiring artist to join our ranks.

(Before I start explaining I would like to add that more information is available upon request)

Currently 'we' consist of 2 programmers from USA/India. The project is a platform game using Flixel engine and might be comparable to 'Metroid' as far as game play. This is not a Metroid clone I just want to give the readers and idea of what type of game we are working on.We have a story line and are open for additions. The game is 50%+ (more likely) complete. We had a artist who teamed up with us, but did not have what it takes to proceed. He lacked time, production and his attitude was horrible from the get go. (His work was scrapped you will start from scratch) We are not extremely picky, however.. yes there is a however.. We do expect superb artwork with detail and it must be unique to a extent.

Here are some requirements of the artist who would be accepted:

1. Motivated to work on the project a minimal of 3 times a week and 3-4 hours on those days that are worked.
After a couple weeks we will take a few day's break if everyone has agreed and then continue after the break so no one gets burnt out or exhausted.

2. We will give you idea's and the story line, but you are the artist this is your project to design as you wish as long as it meets our basic guidelines and everyone is happy. We are open to suggestions but not open to back out of a project period and backtrack progress only if agreed upon.

3. Must be very patient with the lifetime of the development stage. We do not expect the game to drag on much longer in the development stage however we will not rush and push out junk just so we can get something on the market.

3. Able to do background's and scene's for the maps. Draw character, enemies, weapons, tiles (that overlap a background then another layer in front of the background layer then comes the tiles). The amount of art required for this project is moderate. It will not require hundreds of sprites and 50 backgrounds.. It will require enough to keep you busy for awhile.

4. We are looking for a specific type of artist style I guess you could call it. We are not looking for kiddy art or anime we are looking for retro alien/evil/eye opening/scary at times/dark (not to dark!). The main character for the game will need to make the player feel like a total bada**.

5. Must be able to organize and open to learn how to use Version Control (simple and we can show you).

That covers the basics.
I don't want anyone to think they are not skilled enough so please apply if you have talent and are looking for a project.

We can discuss this more later.

About us:

We are skilled programmers and did not just start programming games yesterday. You will not have to question, worry or even think twice about us getting the job done. We have excellent work ethics and will not back out, give up or get to busy. We will make time and see the game to the end.

We have the game project located on a private Version Control so we have total control of the project. Everything we do is discussed or voted on during a meeting we have periodically. Everyone has a say, but in the end we only need one person to lead the project.

Enough about us. If you have any more questions or need to see more reply to this thread (Please don't ask questions in this thread just simply reply and let us know your interested in hearing more and we will go from there).

Thank you for your time!

Offline thepezman

• View Profile
No questions here?  Alright...
I'm interested in the position - if you prefer email instead of forum messaging you can contact me at pezman87@gmail.com
If AIM or MSN messenger is preferred I can jump on either of those as well.

Offline psycode

• View Profile
We have enough applicants and information. Thanks for everyone's time.

POST CLOSED!