AuthorTopic: [PAID] Backgrounds needed for Adventure Game  (Read 3214 times)

Offline Kodiak

• View Profile

[PAID] Backgrounds needed for Adventure Game

on: June 29, 2012, 05:59:52 pm
Hello!

I have got a rather sizable contract that is open to one or more artists, depending on how much interest exists.

I am an amateur independent game developer who is working on a new point-and-click adventure game set in an American city in the near future.  This will be my third full adventure game, and the first one in which I intend to donate all of the profits to a local children’s hospital.

The contract is for twenty (20) pixel-art backgrounds of specific city locations, both interior and exterior, drawn at 640x400p.  (Grocery store, library, office building, bar and restaurant, cinema, etc.)  Each background has very basic requirements, but there exists tremendous flexibility for an artist to express his or herself in the work.  I expect this to be an iterative process where we will both discuss how to best accomplish the goals of every specific piece.

I believe strongly in people getting fairly paid for their work, and this is no exception.  This project is fully-funded, and I am prepared to make reasonable offers to interested applicants upon reviewing a portfolio.  Because of the amount of work involved, I would prefer to work with individuals who are willing to stay with the project, although if necessary, I am prepared to split it between a few people.

A website will be coming up soon, (hopefully featuring some of your work!) documenting how the game is progressing, the hospital that this is all for, and how this game will help.  Oh, and if you’re willing to offer me a discounted rate, I’ll be sure to tell everyone who will listen!

So, in short, what’s in it for you?

• You will be fully credited for all of your work.
  • You will be helping out some children in need.
  • You get to be a critical part of an adventure game development.
  • You have a lot of flexibility with how the locations are to be designed.
  • You will have a client with lots of experience working with artists from DA and Pixeljoint, and a great reputation with both.
  • You will get paid for all of the above.

What are my expectations?

• When applying, please send me a portfolio of your work.
  • Be prepared to talk about timing, payment and means of contact.
  • A professional work-ethic that includes regular communication, commitment, consultation and setting realistic targets.

If you’re interested in applying for this contract, please contact me either in a private message, or better yet, mail me at little.red.dog.games@gmail.com.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Offline Kodiak

• View Profile

Re: [PAID] Backgrounds needed for Adventure Game

Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 07:32:30 pm
My sincere gratitude to all that applied.  An artist has been selected for this specific contract.