AuthorTopic: Thoughts on Pixels and Dots. Video  (Read 20352 times)

Offline philippejugnet

• View Profile

Re: Thoughts on Pixels and Dots. Video

Reply #50 on: June 28, 2012, 09:37:01 pm
If only shifts then why not something like ROYGCBM?

We just have 2 slots between 3 colors, and those are O and Y

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #51 on: June 28, 2012, 09:39:25 pm
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 11:17:00 pm by AlexHW »

Offline Kasumi

• View Profile

Reply #52 on: June 28, 2012, 09:45:19 pm
Sounds like no. You need me to define depleted for this case? When you have less money than the cost of living where you are. You want me to define cost of living? How much you need to keep a house/stay fed. Want me to define a house? A structure you live in that is on land you own or are legally renting. If you need more definitions beyond these that is worrying. If not, answer the yes or no question with yes or no. If you still can't I assume no, and that is also worrying but there's no helping anyone who doesn't see a problem. And you don't see a problem even if your answer was a concrete no, do you? Yes or no?

but being free will allow me to be me
Free as in dead? Starving? Homeless? I would much rather you have a free self with a roof over your head and a source of income with people who care about your well being in your life. Wouldn't you? But you need a plan to make that happen.
I make actual NES games. Thus, I'm the unofficial forum dealer of too much information about the NES

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #53 on: June 28, 2012, 10:51:29 pm
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 11:17:11 pm by AlexHW »

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #54 on: June 28, 2012, 11:12:16 pm
Videos:
Watched about 8 of them all the way thru.
Scrubbed thru a few others.

As much as preparation helps, your videos could benefit greatly from more post production work.
Per video there is 0-3 cuts that seem to only tie together multiple recordings.
With more editing your average of 10-20 min length could probly be cut down to 2-5 min and still contain the same general content.
Sliding in some images digitally to supplement what you are saying could also help.

I can recommend this book on film.
It's been years since I read it, and can't seem to find it on my shelf, but if its the book I'm thinking of its rather good.

Conversation:
I read the entire thread.
It's evolved quite a bit.
In its latest form I perceive that this is almost like some sort of experiment that Alex is running.
Seemingly random information is presented.
Viewers (mostly Helm) react.
Reaction is analysed and more random information and questions are presented.
Why? What then? How come? What about? So? Why? Why? Why?
From what I remember, this is what children do.
And I don't mean that offensively, to say this is "childish", I mean literally children.
They learn by throwing rocks and seeing what happens.
Shouting words and listening to what people say back.
Thru this data a definition can be created, in this case -> self.
That may not at all be the intention, but it's how I perceive the situation overall.
If that is on some level whats happening, that's fine.
It seems to be fueling more videos and perhaps another book.
Productivity is a good thing.
The only part that's not so great is Helm is giving very solid life advice, and its being pushed off as something like robotic bullshit.
If that's part of the whole ruse go ahead, but a nod or wink might put everyone more at ease.
Alex you may want to consider trying some sort of Tom Green Show/Jon Benjamin Has a Van/Borat type of thing where you run around and get reactions out of people.
Its a highly marketable genre and not many players in the field.

Humor:
As serious as this has been I found that if you sing snippets of Helm's posts to a rock guitar, and rap portions of Alex's text to a beat, its !@#$ hilarious.
Try it.

Thoughts:
This whole exchange is interesting, and I actually applaud those involved for having, and keeping, it in public.
In my observation of others, and own experience, I've found that the more vague and fuzzy we perceive things to be, the more "unhappy" we are, and less likely to be productive.
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #55 on: June 28, 2012, 11:27:36 pm
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 11:17:27 pm by AlexHW »

Offline Kasumi

• View Profile

Reply #56 on: June 29, 2012, 12:54:47 am
What are you trying to define for me?
Nothing, except what you said wasn't concrete. Which to me means, "I don't understand." So I defined what I meant by depleting your savings. It is difficult to understand why I defined that?

Either way, you didn't answer that question or any of the others. They were simple questions. If I asked you complex questions about anything in your video I'd get no answers nor discussion I'd want any part of. You're talking to a guy that loves philosophy, loves thought experiments, loves conundrums, and the many ways language can be interpreted who is utterly turned off by what you're presenting. You may think Helm is not at all open to this sort of thing, so he doesn't count. I am open to this sort of thing, but you have not been able to convince me with all you've presented here.

You can be as enlightened as you want, you can see me as broken. Really, really, whatever you want. Your way of thinking and seeing and your quest for self enlightenment doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that the you haven't countered me in saying the life plan you've presented leads to homelessness and death. But if you're not bothered by that, I can't be bothered by it either. Best of luck.

Alex you may want to consider trying some sort of Tom Green Show/Jon Benjamin Has a Van/Borat type of thing where you run around and get reactions out of people.
Its a highly marketable genre and not many players in the field.

I'm reminded more of Kevin Trudeau than any of those people. Except I don't believe Kevin Trudeau really believes in anything he was talking about or selling ever, (Much like the actors who portray characters like Borat) and I believe Alex trusts in his content 100%. I'm not sure if that's better or worse.
I make actual NES games. Thus, I'm the unofficial forum dealer of too much information about the NES

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #57 on: June 29, 2012, 01:59:54 am
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 11:17:38 pm by AlexHW »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #58 on: June 29, 2012, 07:40:23 am
Alex, basically your answer is then to my questions: I WILL PUSH MYSELF MORE. Plans not working? Push myself more. Things not panning out? Push myself more. No response by the public? Push myself more. Homeless? Push myself more? Dead? I guess I'll rest then.

I have nothing else to ask you. For the record I think if you're serious about all this and you'll persue this path it'll end very badly for you. But it's your life and you can do with it whatever you want. I have to extricate myself from this conversation, I cannot worry about you any more given that you see no problem with what you're doing. I hope I'm wrong about all this and there's a blind spot in *my* perception that's not allowing me to see the joke that apparently Piledriver does. I see this as deadly serious, but perhaps that's my own problem. Good luck.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #59 on: June 29, 2012, 08:51:18 am
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 11:17:52 pm by AlexHW »