AuthorTopic: Thoughts on Pixels and Dots. Video  (Read 20354 times)

Offline r1k

• View Profile

Re: Thoughts on Pixels and Dots. Video

Reply #40 on: June 28, 2012, 06:10:38 am
I will keep pushing myself and conveying myself until someone hears me enough to return a message to me about myself so that I can understand myself better.

It seems you want to communicate and have people understand you.  If this is the case its on you to tailor your message such that others can understand it, rather than telling them to try harder to understand you.  You also seem to be trying to talk about some vague ideas that may not be expressable through langauge, since language has limitations.  If this is the case it might help to explain things in many different ways; if each explanation gives some vague glimpse into the concept then the combinations of all these will give a better understanding, even if not an exact one.  This way people can understand you better, which you seem to want.  When I was studying Zen thought it seemed to be the case that some concepts couldnt be described accurately through langauge so I found approaching defenitions in different ways helped me understand more, personal experience also helped.  This is why I suggest this.

Around 9 minutes in your new video youre talking about pre-planning your videos vs thinking things out during them as you are currently, if I understand correctly.  Thinking things  out is definately helpful for oneself, but doesnt neccesarilly help others understand it, since it seems even you are unsure when youre talking.  So you need to consider the aim of your videos.  Are they to help you formulate your own thoughts, or to help others understand your thoughts?  Each format can be helpful depending on the goal of the video.  Though if you want to help others understand your thoughts while simultaniously trying to sort out your own thoughts, a dialogue format might be more helpful.  In my experience Ive found dialgueing to be a better way to sort my own thoughts out because the other person can point out alternate ways of looking at things that I hadnt thought about, and then I can come to my own understanding through this route.

Hopefully I havent misunderstood you, and this is actually relevant, as I havent watched all your videos but I have been reading through this topic.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #41 on: June 28, 2012, 06:51:39 am
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 11:15:58 pm by AlexHW »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #42 on: June 28, 2012, 01:30:25 pm

1. if you're not socializing and working and enjoying a support system, what will happen to you?
you will feel isolated and you will try to relate yourself with things around you to find a presence.

Things are not people. Relating to what?. Relating to the theoretical viewer of your youtube videos won't be enough. Variations on solitude cannot be the answer to the pains of solitude.

2. if you do not reach the people you wish to enlighten with your book and videos, what will happen then?
I will keep pushing myself and conveying myself until someone hears me enough to return a message to me about myself so that I can understand myself better.

More practical: Will you rewrite the book? Will you work on your video presentations?
Let's say you do, and I am asking, if even then you don't seem to be getting the desired result of intimacy and interconnection with other human beings that see you as you truly are, how will you adapt?

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #43 on: June 28, 2012, 06:14:04 pm
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 11:16:15 pm by AlexHW »

Offline Kasumi

• View Profile

Reply #44 on: June 28, 2012, 08:15:08 pm
I told myself I wouldn't get into this, but here I am.  :'(

I will keep pushing in different ways what I know until I find a new side to myself that allows me to continue further and see more of myself. Over time I will get tired and have to rest, but this is yet but another push in a different way that will allow me to push on after I have pushed on my unseen self for a while.. I'll wake up and start pushing more on the variability around me because I will remember I can change and show myself more things if people want to reflect it back at me.
You realize you don't have unlimited time and resources? If what you're doing is not a success the first or second time, you will run out of savings and be in serious trouble. Do you have a plan for THAT case? I think that's what Helm is trying to get to the bottom of. If not, I would like to.

This is why a support system is good. Because even if you burn through all your money, friends or family might let you crash at their house while you sort out your life. (But don't expect them to let you do it for long.) With no support system, and no money, you are jobless and homeless and insuranceless and can't call in any favors to better your situation.

Do you have concrete plan if you deplete your savings? Yes or no?
I make actual NES games. Thus, I'm the unofficial forum dealer of too much information about the NES

Offline philippejugnet

• View Profile

Reply #45 on: June 28, 2012, 08:23:00 pm
A pixel is nothing more then ROYGB light on a square, each color divided by 1/3  of a vertical part of the square.2/3 of the first 1/3 is R, the other 1/3 of te first 1/3 is O. The next 1/3 of the ¹1/3 is also O with 2/3 Y and the sequence goes on... A pixel is nothing more then an ilusion  :lol:. Yes, it's true, if we saw everything more perfect like an hawk for exemple we woudn't see pixels, we would only see color shifts, and those shifts create a single color on a pixel. Its an opaque vision of those colors. Exemple: White is the maximum of RGB (255,255,255), and black the minimum of RGB (000,000,000). A pixel could be any shape that can be divided by 1/6 shared by a single center. They should be at minimum 3 sides simmetry and maximumof 6, if we had something like 18 sides it wwould give an illusion of bending on the image.
There is no reason to explain what a pixel is, or maybe because you wan't to show off your high-capability on thinking. Go do something like a robot, don't waste your time with inane conversations such as this one.
If somedoby is saying idiot things just ignore, don't waste your time.

BTW, before doing a video try voiceacting. It's uncool to speak slow/fast even tough it's yourself. I tend to speak faster then I should but I just try to calm down. It look's like you are thinking on the answers for your own questions in the moment you are taping the video.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 08:28:25 pm by philippejugnet »

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #46 on: June 28, 2012, 09:07:42 pm
philippe: Where is the OY coming from? Last time I checked monitors have Red Green and Blue light. Care to elaborate?
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #47 on: June 28, 2012, 09:08:10 pm
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 11:16:32 pm by AlexHW »

Offline philippejugnet

• View Profile

Reply #48 on: June 28, 2012, 09:22:00 pm
philippe: Where is the OY coming from? Last time I checked monitors have Red Green and Blue light. Care to elaborate?

shifts - orange yellow. I said that because the primary colors are Red, Yellow and Blue.

:O! ..interesting observations philippejugnet.
I will have to explore what you are saying.. I was feeling everything up until you said there is no reason to explain what a pixel is.. But that is almost as interesting as everything you had said prior to that, since you were trying to explain a pixel anyways. So if you say there is no point to explain it.. why did you?
I r not a robot! bzz bzz.. rrr.. or are you trying to make me one?.. to make me something that doesn't care?..

even though we don't need to talk about that, humans are inane! Sentiment is inane, we are inane beings! but all this meaning-less things in human life makes we feel like life makes sense, but it doesn't!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 09:30:17 pm by philippejugnet »

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #49 on: June 28, 2012, 09:34:37 pm
If only shifts then why not something like ROYGCBM?
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.