AuthorTopic: Thoughts on Pixels and Dots. Video  (Read 20357 times)

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: Thoughts on Pixels and Dots. Video

Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 11:44:21 pm
well.. the point of the videos originally was to allow me to practice my speech and be more free with it.. learning as I go so I can improve and be able to tie my thoughts better with my mouth. I preplan things a lot, so I wanted to take a different approach.. I guess I just felt attacked for it when all I was really trying to do was improve things in my own way- taking initiative and just talking so that I can exercise it/flex it and stuff. There's a way to be supportive, and then a way to question my intelligence.. if they want to question my intelligence then I'm going to give them a good showing of it regardless of the level.

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: June 26, 2012, 11:48:33 pm
After posting I realized you never really said you wanted critique on your presentation. Perhaps having myself and others giving you unsolicited advice was inappropriate. If I offended you, I sincerely apologize.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 11:51:14 pm by blumunkee »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #22 on: June 27, 2012, 07:33:20 am

Blue and Lachie, perhaps you don't have the whole story. I didn't say that Alex has a broken self, he said that to me. I did say however that I think Alex seems on shaky ground, mentally. But this isn't so much about this specific pixels and dots video, but about his other videos I've watched, which I urge you to also watch before you pass judgment on what I am saying. And what I am saying, though over the line clearly and admittedly, is out of honest concern to Alex. Alex has made 30 videos in the past couple of weeks about this stuff and he's also written a book about them, and none of it makes any sense. His videos are... what I've described before. Shouldn't these be warning signs that *someone* has to finally notice? I've seen this pattern before and I know where it leads. If I am wrong and everything's fine, I'll gladly take the hit to my reputation for having behaved like an ass and apologize. But if I am not wrong then the way I'm intervening is the least I can do. There's a time for politeness and keeping to oneself and there's a time to step out and try to help.

If Alex doesn't want to hear my concerns or is patronized by how I'm phrasing them, I won't press this any more. But he did post a video of himself which is the only reason I've talked about this. Again, my only throught in this is to 'break through' for a second here, through what I see as self-delusion for the express purpose of helping. A person can be high-functioning in one respect and totally delusional on another. I realize that even if I'm reading things correctly, such a breaking through might be nigh impossible over the internet but I had to try.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #23 on: June 27, 2012, 07:12:02 pm
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 11:12:59 pm by AlexHW »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #24 on: June 27, 2012, 07:44:00 pm
I'm glad the issue offence is settled.

Nothing to break through, then. Carry on.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #25 on: June 27, 2012, 09:07:13 pm
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 11:13:11 pm by AlexHW »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #26 on: June 27, 2012, 09:09:16 pm
What do you mean issues in general?

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #27 on: June 27, 2012, 09:15:37 pm
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 11:13:25 pm by AlexHW »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #28 on: June 27, 2012, 09:50:37 pm
It's because I've had experiences in my family life with what turned out to be mental illness. It wasn't clear-cut at first. Some behaviours just seem on the 'safe side of odd' for a long time, but they build up. I'm very sensitive to these signs related to my family's history. Some things are best caught early on, some types of depressive or bipolar episodes especially. It's important that people around us 'check us'. Usually it's family and friends. I got the feeling from your videos that you're secluded and that there might not be someone to go "hey... you're not making much sense". I know it's rude if I'm wrong and it's over the line even if I'm right, but that's why I spoke up. I don't mind being the bad guy if it gives you some feedback that you can put to good use. This is why I asked if you're employed, if you're taking care of yourself, if you have close friends you're hanging around with, if you're in contact with your family. Because if the answer is no to most or all of these things, that's a good 'objective' measure of whether you might be going in a dangerous direction.

Offline junkboy

• jnkboy
    • jnkboy
    • View Profile

Reply #29 on: June 27, 2012, 09:51:35 pm
I have nothing to add to the discussion, except I appreciate how you dramatically jump into frame in each video. Then I start thinking that maybe you're James Franco in Pineapple Express and get distracted from whatever message you're conveying. Sorry. :(