AuthorTopic: Thoughts on Pixels and Dots. Video  (Read 20353 times)

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: Thoughts on Pixels and Dots. Video

Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 07:09:57 pm
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 11:11:05 pm by AlexHW »

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 08:07:46 pm
Alex, one tip. Stop dodging any serious questions someone might be asking you.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 08:54:47 pm
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 11:11:17 pm by AlexHW »

Offline Lachie Dazdarian

• View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff

Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 09:19:21 pm
I kinda like your presentation and general train of thought, but I really think you need to script your videos. The description of the video explains the topic and your thoughts on it much better than the very 9 minutes long video. You should work on conveying your ideas more coherently, or maybe just stick to writing until mastering oral presentation. But really, a good and practiced script is the first step.

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 09:29:52 pm
You do not seem to me to be 'unfiltered and raw'. You seem to me suffer from delusions of grandeur. You think you're saying important stuff, how many people you've exposed your thoughts to agree? How many lives have been bettered by your wisdom? As I said before, I don't think you're trying to sell ice to eskimos here, I do believe you that you believe yourself to be saying great and important things. This is what really worries me. Back on the earth plane, how are you making do? What do you do for work? Do you have friends and family and a support system? Do you have a girlfriend/boyfriend? When's the last time you went out and about? Are you taking care of your health?

Alex, these. Can't you answer those in a straightforward fashion? If not, then you have a problem.

Offline Lachie Dazdarian

• View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff

Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 10:11:38 pm
I'm not sure why he has to answer. Just because someone wants to convey a certain spiritual/philosophical message, he has to lead a life society deems worthy/good/healthy. Who cares who is he behind the screen...and his videos? I sure don't.

I don't follow this third degree treatment.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 11:02:09 pm
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 11:11:38 pm by AlexHW »

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 11:03:53 pm
He does not have to answer them to us. Question is if he is honest enough to seriously think about them himself.
He also dodged other questions I asked him someplace else. Direct questions related to the content of his videos. He dodged me in the same manner as he is now dodging Helm.

Edit: Alex, I am not saying that your views don't belong. They certainly belong to you. What I am saying is that most of your views expressed in your videos are as Helm already stated incoherent or if they are not they are very obvious things.

But since I been there, done that in regards to this talk to you you can either continue with Helm or leave it.
I am out of this.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 11:05:58 pm by ptoing »

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 11:23:43 pm
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 11:11:51 pm by AlexHW »

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 11:33:10 pm
Wow guys, really disappointing behavior here.

!yus! !yus! !yus!

Helm, to be fair to Alex, it's totally inappropriate for you to make statements as to his metal health or stability. If you really think Alex is in a vulnerable state of mind or that he has a broken self, take it up with him personally, keep it to yourself, or talk to your cat about it. But don't post stuff like that here for the world to see. That's ass.

Alex, Helm was rude and I think you trolled defensively.

We've gone waaaay off topic from "Thoughts on Pixels and Dots". You guys are two of my favorite pixel artists. These walls of text are just masturbatorial. Stop it.

!yus! !yus! !yus!

As for the video, Alex, I think you should step back and listen to the constructive critique you've gotten. We are pretty good at that here. Take the suggestions to heart and see if you can't improve as a speaker and presenter.

I agree that you need more preparation and structure. Do a cold run, preferably in front of a friend so they can ask questions and give you feedback. Even holding some index cards during your presentation might help. You tend to get lost during transitions, lots of 'uh's and 'kind of like's. I feel like your stream-of-conscious approach is hurting your actual message.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 04:32:07 am by blumunkee »