AuthorTopic: dragon  (Read 3186 times)

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

dragon

on: June 22, 2012, 08:05:39 am

figure I'd post my progress.. or whatever- maybe it'll push me more.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: dragon

Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 10:05:07 pm
roar says the dragon

edit..
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 10:09:42 pm by Alex Hanson-White »

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 02:03:29 am
haha couldn't help myself  :lol:

and It's looking pretty good, like a combination between a serious fantasy dragon and with the proportions of the pokemon charizard, although I feel the body rotation doesn't match the neck and subsequently the head, although that's mostly addressed in your latest edit, and also that foreground arm pose doesn't look entirely natural, might be that it looks fine on its own but when thinking about it in 3 dimensions it looks as if it would be intersecting with his body volume also it may or may not look better if you try tilting/rotating his foreground leg a tad backward, hope you finish it looking pretty cool so far;D

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 07:09:12 am
ha, weird :P
I'll look into the arm issue and perspective. This is for a freelance project, so I may not really get to fine tune it perfectly.
I made a short video though of some progress:
http://youtu.be/KR8VuCNsBxA

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 07:50:30 am
just watched it  :P
do you really pixel at that speed  ??? or was it because of the multitasking on the commentary? :P
it's turning out quite painterly

OffTopic: guess this is as good a place as any, you got quite an eclectic and interesting serious of art and imagery on your site, your illustrations are quite magical, I like your interesting use of colour in some of your illustrated pieces =] Self taught artists ftw  ;D

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 08:09:47 am
:P somewhere around that speed. Depends on what I'm working on and if I have a good idea with what I'm going to do. The commentary may have effected my concentration a little.
Glad you like the illustrations.. The colorful ones were kind of a different direction I've been taking my art lately- It's hard to describe where it came from because it was like a result of some frustration I was having and I started to just scribble with my colored pencils. When you focus on just releasing the thought involved with making art, sometimes what comes out is something that connects effortlessly with what is already there.. kind of as if you're becoming part of it or feeling it out as you race around the image.

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 08:46:27 am
intriguing, well they definitely have a unique aspect to them, and that colour approach is quite integral to the visual interest of said pieces