AuthorTopic: Frogger graphics  (Read 2826 times)

Offline Lachie Dazdarian

• View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff

Frogger graphics

on: June 23, 2012, 11:42:36 pm
It's a screenshot from a game I'm working on.

This is my first post and I'm sorry if it feels like trolling, but I'm finally determined to start seriously working on my pixel art skills, as I'm convinced that the lack of them is the main hindrance to my game dev goals.

I developed a lot of GFX for my (freeware) retro games, but it was mostly running in circles, releasing bearable graphics.

One of my older games:

I finally want to improve, I mean, 100 % concentrate on pixel art skill..

The first image is my most recent work (sort of a "realistic" bloody Frogger game) so I'm basically asking. Is this a good basis to build upon? Do you see something painfully wrong about it? Cheers!

Offline hopoo

• View Profile

Re: Frogger graphics

Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 09:07:25 am
The most important thing for you right now is to focus on ONE aspect; your image is quite large, and the realm of pixel art is the realm of the small. For example, maybe you want to just improve the road tile first. Easy, its only 32x32! Theres only so many pixels to work with!

Assuming this is actually through a game engine, it would be best if you could post your tileset, then we can help with simple rendering/perspective/color choice stuff that'll shoot up the quality

Offline Lachie Dazdarian

• View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff

Re: Frogger graphics

Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 01:32:24 pm
Here you go:

I was basically looking for feedback on the current level of my "skill" and pointers where I am most weak. But I would appreciate any help. Even by fixing a single tile. I also have another project where I am developing graphics ATM, which might be more easier for the community to give me inputs, instead of fixing pre-made tile/sprite sheets. Dunno.

Any word of wisdom is more than appreciated.