AuthorTopic: [WIP] Male Base C&C  (Read 3577 times)

Offline GamerGuy12345

• View Profile

[WIP] Male Base C&C

on: June 23, 2012, 01:28:13 am
This is my attempt at the 3/4th perspective, I used 2 references of 3/4th style.

Please let me know if the perspective is okay and don't be afraid to dismember it if you have too.

Offline JonasO

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Male Base C&C

Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 11:56:25 am
The eyes in the top/left panel are way off... I think the shading of his trousers in that panel isn't right also.
You're also using too many straight lines in my opinion. i.e. the moobs in the top/left, the belly in the top/right, the outlines of his head, his shoulders, his arms.
His back also is odd. The line goes way too high up.
Then the flat light skin color seeems a little wrong (the one you use at his shoulders in the top left panel).... You could make it more orange...

Then there is that issue of banding. Examples are his belly (black/brown/orange), his lower legs, his feet. (the outsides to be exact).

His anatomy seems strange but I have little knowledge about that myself.

Offline GamerGuy12345

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 07:30:54 pm
Thank you for your honest opinion iv been waiting for someone to reply for about a day or two before I continued working on this.
I think I understand what you're getting at i'll update in a few minutes.

Offline GamerGuy12345

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 01:57:54 am

Here's an update I realized I wouldn't be able to get the perspective I liked so I tried getting rid of it.

Offline slym

• View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 03:42:09 pm
That is a very small butt  :mean:

I actually liked your version before the update (as far as colors and a few shading places). The colors were more pleasant and lively, and the shading on the pants was also a bit better. You have almost what I'd consider pillow shading (it's more of a gradient) on the stomach. This is implying a much deeper perspective than 3/4 and it's damaging the anatomical feel of your sprite. The line on the back is something that I wouldn't see as necessary.... not unless you really wanted that to be prominent. You've done a great job with the knees, they are really helping out your perspective. For a base, the clothing is pretty poof-y, maybe make that tighter (especially if you are planning on animating this). Arms look nice but could be 2-3 pixels longer. Maybe make the legs a little shorter Even though it's anatomically correct, shortening the legs can help with perspective. I'm wondering why his hands are behind his back on the back view of the sprite? The side of your sprite is losing it's perspective at the shoulders. Try your best to make the shoulder that is currently away from view visible. Or you can just lower the shoulder in front. It's also looking pulled back, so maybe moving it a few pixels over to the center of the body would also help with the arms.

Anyway, I hope that helped  ::)

Offline JonasO

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 11:36:44 pm
Thank you for your honest opinion

Sorry if it was harsh.

Your arms and legs and face look much better, congrats on that. Same thing on skin color.

Problems: Banding (even more than before! Look at his pants - they basically cry "banding")
Everyhting slym said.
And even now, the line where his spine is goes one pixel too high.