AuthorTopic: Pyxel Edit pixel art editor  (Read 62091 times)

Offline Polioliolio

• View Profile

Re: Pyxel Edit pixel art editor

Reply #70 on: September 13, 2013, 05:40:00 pm
You've got my support!

I'm a newbie, so if any of you other guys have some good tutorials or anything to work with, no matter how simple, I'd be thrilled to do them.

Offline Danik

• View Profile

Reply #71 on: September 14, 2013, 04:12:02 pm
You've got my support!

I'm a newbie, so if any of you other guys have some good tutorials or anything to work with, no matter how simple, I'd be thrilled to do them.
Thanks! Do you mean tutorials for Pyxel Edit in particular or pixel art in general?

Offline Pix3M

• View Profile

Reply #72 on: September 14, 2013, 05:45:23 pm
Sounds like a program I could learn how to use. Graphicsgale is an aging piece of software with a couple of bugs and imperfect interface which I probably can't count on having them fixed.  :'(

Offline Polioliolio

• View Profile

Reply #73 on: September 14, 2013, 06:47:19 pm
Thanks! Do you mean tutorials for Pyxel Edit in particular or pixel art in general?

I'd like to see both, but I'm particularly interested in various tutorials for Pyxel Edit  :)

Offline Polioliolio

• View Profile

Reply #74 on: September 15, 2013, 03:48:04 pm
My first effort at using Pyxel Edit, and I'm starting to get the hang of it.  I'm going to have to scrap this, as I realized the tiles won't really fit the way I need them to, but what do you guys think?  The tiles on the right are variations of the middle and bottom type.

Great program, looking forward to tutorials, updates, and seeing the work of others here :)

Offline Danik

• View Profile

Reply #75 on: September 15, 2013, 08:41:26 pm
Looking good.  ;D

Offline Polioliolio

• View Profile

Reply #76 on: September 16, 2013, 02:58:23 am
Looking good.  ;D

Say, is there a way to remove or set the undo limitation?  I'd really like to be able to undo all the way to the opening of the file, if possible.
Sometimes I end up wanting to see how something looks and 50 clicks later, find I've gone on a bit too far.

Offline Danik

• View Profile

Reply #77 on: September 16, 2013, 08:15:05 am

Say, is there a way to remove or set the undo limitation?  I'd really like to be able to undo all the way to the opening of the file, if possible.
Sometimes I end up wanting to see how something looks and 50 clicks later, find I've gone on a bit too far.
There's no way to change that for the user at the moment, but I could make that a configuration option.

Offline surt

• Meat by-product
    • not_surt
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2254.htm
    • View Profile
    • Uninhabitant

Reply #78 on: September 16, 2013, 09:24:04 am
Just for reference: GraphicsGale defaults to 200 level of undo. I certainly make use of a good proportion of those when testing stuff out like Poli mentions.

Offline Polioliolio

• View Profile

Reply #79 on: September 21, 2013, 07:40:20 pm
I have a suggestion.

So I like that you can right click on an empty tile to erase other tiles on the canvas, the same way that you can right click on any tile to place it again.
Do you think you could implement the same effect for the pen tool?  I have the habit of right clicking on an empty spot to gain it's 'empty properties' like you would right click on another pixel to sample its color.

Oh, and once again, good work. Great program.  :)