AuthorTopic: Pyxel Edit pixel art editor  (Read 62043 times)

Offline Danik

• View Profile

Re: Pyxel Edit pixel art editor

Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 04:41:25 pm
Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you seem to like it!  :)

Cyangmou, I haven't coded anything special for graphics tablets. What was the problem in Pixothello?

Hideon, that should be possible... it's just a new kind of mapping transformation. I won't add that anytime soon though, but maybe in the future.

Rikfuzz, sure, I will add that! I might change the keys though, because [ and ] are not very convenient on all keyboard layouts.

Seiseki, cool, I didn't know about that feature! I also noticed you can alt+shift+rightclick to get a color chooser.  :y:
In Pyxel Edit you can shift+scroll to change brush size, but I might add that too later.
Selections are planned, I miss them too in Pyxel Edit for moving parts. I just have to figure out how that would work with tile references without having it go out of sync.

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/32234.htm
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 06:07:14 pm
The problem with pixothello and the tablet was the cursor. Unless as in "professional" graphic programs the icon haven't changed in the working field (you saw the default special-tablet icons for each click which was nasty to draw) and the programm get horrible slow if you were drawing with a stylus.

I'll test out your software in at least 2 days and give you some feedback to your software.
"Because the beauty of the human body is that it hasn't a single muscle which doesn't serve its purpose; that there's not a line wasted; that every detail of it fits one idea, the idea of a man and the life of a man."

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline Danik

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 07:11:34 pm
The program changes the native cursor when you move over the canvas, so I think it should work. You will have to try and let me know. :)

Offline rikfuzz

• View Profile
    • twitter @hot_pengu

Reply #13 on: June 18, 2012, 09:53:02 pm
Works fine with my Wacom Intuos 3

Offline Seiseki

• Starmancer
    • OminuxGames
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35207.htm
    • StarmancerGame
    • View Profile
    • Starmancer Patreon

Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 09:13:38 am
The way you can resize brushes in photoshop by holding alt shift and dragging left and right is a real time saver and would be an awesome addition.

You can?! I just get a colour sampler in my version (CS3). :(  Does sound pretty intuitive though.  

Oh, sorry, It's actually holding down alt and right-click while dragging the mouse..
And it's not in CS3 or even CS4, I'm pretty sure they added it in CS5 :/

Edit: Posted this on Tigsource, hope you don't mind :)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 10:35:15 am by Seiseki »

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 05:54:27 pm
oh yeah.

supposed to say Confucius bot says yes but couldn't fit it, and it's too difficult to rearrange.
spent 30-40 minutes yesterday, using the tiling and flipping a bit, I liked the X hotkey to flip horizontally, but there is not Y flipping yet? because rotating 90 flipping and rotating back isn't the most intuitive method, but guessing that's on its way? discovered R after i finished :yell:

I didn't really utilize the custom palette settings but from what I glanced looks pretty competent so far.

It's looking decent so far, quite intuitive for the most part. nice base palette is that Arne's/based on Arne's?
and yeah a hotkey+ mouse up/down to resize would be great, much more efficient on a tablet, and my old Wacom Graphire 4 works fine too.
and yeah the lack of free select is quite noticeable makes tweaking difficult

I noticed the hotkey for tile-mode is A but it isn't labelled on the tooltip, I had a few suggestions but I've forgotten I'll get back to it when I can.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 05:56:29 pm by Grimsane »

Offline Danik

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: June 19, 2012, 08:14:43 pm
Seiseki, I don't mind at all. :)

Grimsane, thanks for the feedback. That's a good point, I will add a hotkey to flip on the Y-axis as well. You can also rotate CC-wise with the E key.
Yes, it's Arne's palette. I have his 16 and 64-color palettes as presets. I searched for a 32-color palette by him, but couldn't find one. I asked him about it and he's made a few but sadly he seems to have lost them, so if anyone finds one let me know.
Nice pixel bot BTW. :)

Offline Kasumi

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 12:22:30 am
Here's a 32 one that I think I got from Arne's site: Edit: Hmm, maybe it's fewer.  ;D It was labelled as a 32 one, though.

Edit: I also have three versions of an eight color palette and a four color palette. They may be less useful for this topic, but may as well post 'em:

4 color: (two 4 color palettes in one image)

8 color v1:

8 color v2 (not sure if the resize was my doing or not. If I did do it, I'm sure I have the original around someplace.

8 colors alternate with purple:

« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 12:35:54 am by Kasumi »
I make actual NES games. Thus, I'm the unofficial forum dealer of too much information about the NES

Offline Danik

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: June 20, 2012, 04:20:59 pm
Are you sure you got it from Arne's site? It looks like some of the colors are pretty similar to each other, not as optimized as his other palettes. It's a pretty nice palette though.

Offline Kasumi

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 08:45:27 pm
Pretty sure. I only have 17 palette files and most are related to each other. That one was saved on the same day and 18 seconds after the 64 color palette he's still hosting was. I think it's pretty unlikely it's separate since the other ones that aren't related to each other were saved pretty far apart.

It's possible it's not as optimized because it wasn't done. (What with the 28 colors and all.  :( ) Still could be wrong, though.
I make actual NES games. Thus, I'm the unofficial forum dealer of too much information about the NES