AuthorTopic: GR#106 - Grimoire - Character Artworks / RPG Base  (Read 37534 times)

Offline Blaze Enigma

• View Profile

Re: Grimoire - Art C&C

Reply #40 on: June 20, 2012, 02:29:09 am
So many crits :O

@Grimsanea
So, I attempted to make the legs 'correct'

@Pistachio
That is amazing lol, although I am not doing a realistic style, I can definitely learn from a variety of elements in the edit I will be sure to do so when I update ^_^

« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 02:52:26 am by Blaze Enigma »

Offline Bissle

• View Profile

Reply #41 on: June 23, 2012, 01:09:10 am
The human sprite looks very good as far as form, coloring, etc. goes. The walking animation from the front is a marked improvement. The back view animation lacks... "umph". The back itself needs more movement, and while flipping the front walking animation is a good start, the legs need to be tweaked more--as of now, it kind of looks like the character's legs are on backwards.

As far as your aquatic race, you are certainly moving in the right direction. From what you've said previously, too much realism would ruin what you're going for, so it's a matter of striking that balance.

Keep up the good work!

Offline f3dot

• View Profile

Reply #42 on: June 25, 2012, 01:18:45 pm
The problem with the walk is that his trunks are not animated, so it looks like his hips are bending in half instead of moving from the hip joint (compare to your side view animation).

Offline Blaze Enigma

• View Profile

Reply #43 on: June 27, 2012, 03:48:13 pm
My apologizes for not posting, I have been busy with constructing ideas with my programmer.
I didn't really know what to do to give the body lower rotation, so I attempted a simple animation lol

Although its very faint, its still there lol

Side by side comparison of were I started and were I am now lol

I also decide to experiment with some clothing styles, as well as NPCs, but the NPC is very WIP, simply leaving him here for reference to further progression
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 03:58:55 pm by Blaze Enigma »

Offline BetaMan12

• Never Quit
    • View Profile

Reply #44 on: June 27, 2012, 07:01:22 pm
I like it now, also I like the little monster thing :)

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Reply #45 on: June 27, 2012, 08:38:38 pm
I think one thing that clashes slightly is the difference in the line on the pants waist and the pant legs, but not entirely sure here's a quick browser copy and paste ediy from the gif (so it picked a random frame or the 1st idk)

looking interesting, the outfit you've toyed with so far looks good and seems that you could come up with some interesting outfits at this resolution of sprite, that NPC design thus far is pretty interesting, got some reasonably done ideas but with an anime styled twist and it all looking like it's heading in an interesting direction overall. I don't think we see an awful lot of japanime style ~proportions game design in 2D even back in the 16 and 32 bit era most games veered toward SD (super deformed/massive heads/'chibi') styles. I'm interested in seeing how you go about rendering these environments and cities you've vaguely mentioned.

good luck with the project and hoping you keep the momentum and motivation going, and persist to a finished product (or atleast a playable one  :P)

Ed: okay was asked to further clarify what I meant so figured I'd post it here

« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 10:24:16 pm by Grimsane »

Offline f3dot

• View Profile

Reply #46 on: June 30, 2012, 06:20:15 pm
A whole one pixel motion for the pants might be too much at this size, so why not use shading?
Kind of like this:
The more perpendicular a surface is to the falling light, the brighter it becomes and vice versa. Same as you did for the rest of his legs and his arms.