AuthorTopic: Ancient God(ess?) sprite  (Read 3094 times)

Offline Reo

• aka MechaBarbarian
    • MechaBarbarian
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/11318.htm
    • View Profile

Ancient God(ess?) sprite

on: June 08, 2012, 11:31:33 pm
Hello guys ;D, been a few years since I've started a topic for myself here.I was messing around and this thing happened:

And I was relatively pleased with it. So I got the idea to make small mockup for it (still in pre-production). I was thinking something like an old final fantasy battle. The ''cobra hood'' appears to be a bit of favorite of mine, probably picked it up from this guy as a child.

Crits and suggestions about anatomy, design or just about anything are very welcome!  :y:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 11:35:36 pm by Reo »

Offline mistirbc

• View Profile

Re: Ancient God(ess?) sprite

Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 05:35:45 am
I like it, really random. The shading is really nice, and you didn't even have to use that many colors..

Offline JonasO

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 04:26:20 am
Okay this is my thought process:
More tits or less stilettos? :S
On a more serious note, it's interesting to see how the head and torso are masculine while the posture and gesture and lower body are cleary feminine.
In greek mythology, there is the hermaphroditus, which is both woman and man.
I'd also like to think of this in an "above sex", ancient, powerful sort of way. Although its fat hips make it look like a fat little manwoman, trading that power for hilarity. But I think there's really a lot in this piece. If you could somehow make the legs different... hm.
Now I have to think of mewtwo, the belly, the tail, the neck, the thing behind its neck - there's lots of things they have in common. Mewtwo looks powerful because of its pose and because its feet are larger, suggesting muscle weight.
Okay, back to the legs: Maybe more legs? two more which go behind it, facing backwards (like lionfeet at the legs of a throne)? A lower angle, giving her a sense of weight (you shouldn't think you could just blow her away by breathing out too hard)? A less saturated color, removing that pinkish I-have-fat-legs feeling? Thinner legs that match its arms?
Also godesses have minions, especially snakeish godesses! Give it some green snakes that slither up its legs? In a cyclone sort of way, if you know what I mean? One snake could crawl along the godesses' arm, in the way snake summoners have snakes crawl along theirs.

I really think this... thing has a lot to go for it and a great potential! The colors of the head, torso, staff and tail are great (!) and the shading for the finished parts looks really godess-appropriate. It has that distant hawk "don't move, food." sort of gaze. Give it some more weight and nobody can resist it!

Offline Reo

• aka MechaBarbarian
    • MechaBarbarian
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/11318.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 11:19:49 am
Thanks so much for you comment! :D

First of all I can assure that the feet are not going to be stilletos :P, but are unfinished classic ''dinosaur feet'' along these lines

Hopefully that might solve some of the problems with the legs lacking power if they are grounded in T-Rex feet? I think it might also make the thighs work better as more powerful dino-thighs. I am quite reluctant to changing their curvacious forms.

And minions are coming! Along with the rest of the scene!
Also now that you mention it there are quite a few similarites with Mew-to, even the purple color scheme.
I'll experiment with the colors ( and possible spots and markings?)

Again thanks for your comment will try to keep what you've said in mind!