AuthorTopic: Des' palace be brimmin with dump  (Read 2092 times)

Offline desgardes

• View Profile

Des' palace be brimmin with dump

on: May 29, 2012, 01:50:16 am

Just some sprites of recent, tried animating #2 but comp be havin issues. Crits on colors/form and shadow?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:51:29 pm by desgardes »

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile
you should probably remove or actively seperate your stuff and the sheets you used as reference on that dump, and I'd recommend doing seperate sheets for your original works and your edits, quite alot of it is looking nice though, but as i said recognized other peoples work namely game sprites/sprite sheets.

I like your FFtactics Style uprez'd character looks quite appealing. also you should probably compile that animation sheet of yours and make it into an animated gif, most people aren't going to do that themselves, and can't easily crit you on it.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 03:19:04 am by Grimsane »

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: Des' palace be brimmin with dump

Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 07:24:02 am
Welcome to pixelation.

Here are a few things to consider:

• Read the RULES
  • Do not just make a thread with images and not text to give a small explanation. It is kinda rude in a critique forum to not even tell the people what this stuff is about.
  • If any of the things you post are edits from sources which are not yours (games, dollbases, whatever) let us know. If someone finds out and reports it we count this as ripping and deceit and it is a ban-worthy offense.
  • No need to post images which have 2x or whatever bigger versions of your sprites. We have a zoomscript implemented. You can just click images and they will zoom, shift-click or control-click will scale them down again/
  • Have fun!

There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline desgardes

• View Profile

Re: Des' palace be brimmin with dump

Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 01:53:48 pm
ptoing, I had a link to a seperate sheet full of old stuff I was offering up for edits, but there were some rips on there.
The first sheet is technically an edit, I upsized and drastically changed an ffta sprite, but its an edit nonetheless.
The seconds totally custom.