AuthorTopic: Paper Head back from the dead  (Read 3034 times)

Offline xio

• Will crit for food.
    • View Profile

Paper Head back from the dead

on: June 09, 2006, 02:33:49 am

This is a character that I made up long ago. I doubt anyone remembers. He was first seen on pixelation. Please C+C

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: Paper Head back from the dead

Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 02:44:55 am
Is this a dude or a dudette? If it's a guy, he's got moobs. If it's a girl, she's got square boobs. The neck looks a bit thick, and the eyes are pretty obscure. Is the thing wrapped around the > arm a cloth or a chain? It looks segmented like a chaing, but...
One more thing: the paper bag doesn't look square enough on the > side.

Interesting character design, though...It makes me wonder what's beneath the bag...

Offline xio

• Will crit for food.
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 09:10:38 pm
This is a dude. I was trying to make him look buff, but I was also trying to keep the body simple looking. The main focus of the character is the head. As far as the eyes, they are supposed to be drawn on with ink. I see what you are sayin about the shape of the bag. It is supposed to be tight and a bit mangled, but I'
ll see if I can make that more clear.

Thanks for your input, Xion Night.

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 09:23:04 pm
Cool design. I dig the flipper. Are you cool with edits? I've clearly had way to much time on my hands of late, and I've kinda been cranking them out....

Just trying to give the 'buff' look you wanted, w/o complicating the body. My understanding of anatomy is, well... minimal, but I'll try to explain what I think I did.
The pecs in the original are too small/mishapen to be pecs. They look, like Xion said, more like boobies. In the edit, I widened and rounded them. Not perfect, by any standards, but maybe more pecish than before. I gave him a six pack, too. If he's buff, and his shirt is meant to be tight as it seems to be, I felt like the right thing to do ;)

I like it lots. Cool palette (specially the way it's used on the shirt) + cool design, like I mentioned + unique style=sexy. Keep it up.

Offline xio

• Will crit for food.
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 10:16:42 pm
Ok, I've made some changes, hopefully for the better.
Old New And the original, just for fun