AuthorTopic: Etchebeur Sketch Book  (Read 8466 times)

Offline Etchebeur

• View Profile

Etchebeur Sketch Book

on: May 25, 2012, 07:43:03 pm
Hey, hello! My name is Erick Etchebeur and im digital/pixel artist(in training haha) here i want to improve my pixel art skills and i hope learn alot with you, guys.
Here we start:

Yes, i work especially in perspective 45 (a kind of isometric)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 07:49:44 pm by Etchebeur »

Offline Etchebeur

• View Profile

Re: Etchebeur Sketch Book

Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 03:21:55 am
Hey, i made a video spriting a robe  ::)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXCNkgweYb8

Offline Pawige

• View Profile
    • The Noisy Sanctum

Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 10:32:52 pm
I noticed that it's been a few days and you haven't gotten any replies. I assure you it's not any lack of quality. These are looking really cool! I've always liked this sort of style, ala Ultima 7. I think my biggest suggestion for you is to work on the lighting a bit and tighten up the pixel work a little. I did a quick edit of your animal head mounted on the wall to add a bit more sculpting and detail.

If you want more comments, I'd also suggest you explain a bit more about this project: what it's for, what you're trying to do, so on.

Offline Etchebeur

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 06:31:53 am
Hey, first of all, thank you! The head is so dark because the monster it represents is the warg from zezenia online:
(that is not mine haha)
The effect of wood, how you got this result? I mean ... the colors, amazing how the color of the 'small board' is used in the light of the wood. I could copy it but still do not understand the 'concept'...When, where and why repeat certain colors?  ???

I currently contribute to the Phobos Online and Zezenia Online, both mmorpgs in perspective 45 and have a mixed art of digital+pixel. What makes my work more fast, possible to make 200 sprites in a month +/- hehe, but i want improve my pixel art for a RPG i'm designing(like ultima 7), after i finish zezenia update i will start it.
These sprites I already had posted in www.perspective45.org, a brazilian forum for perspective 45 artists because inst for zezenia when i made  :P would like to post all my work here but there is a policy of restraint, you know  :-X

I made a rock a little while ago, but I dont know the solution to improve it ...

« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 06:45:14 am by Etchebeur »

Offline Etchebeur

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 10:42:21 pm
KS (zezenia adm) left me show the pixel work I'm doing for him

I made these today

aaaahn and i found a old spellcaster!

:)

I still have problems with colors and contrast  :-[
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:44:31 pm by Etchebeur »

Offline Etchebeur

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 09:12:54 am
I made now a high grass, suppose that it is better contrast, since the jungle grass in zezenia is more clean than the normal one...

i will make alot of variations...hm, if someone could gimme some tricks...especially about color I would appreciate

Offline Etchebeur

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 04:21:14 am
I'm back! WIP Ice Knight

???

I still do a lot of Ultima Like sprites! However its all for a project and dont have much of Pixel Art but of Digital.  :)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 07:08:19 am by Etchebeur »

Offline Etchebeur

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 10:05:36 am

Some changes  ::) but now i'm like ''hm what can i do?''  :-X
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 10:51:46 am by Etchebeur »

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 12:13:54 pm
He looks pretty cool but perspective seems to be not quite like the other images due to feet and face, and not quite from a side-scroller perspective since he has a bit of a lean to the left.
The face looks like some freaky tribal mask crossed with a roman helmet or something.
Again, looks cool but doesn't give a very knightly feel.

Offline Etchebeur

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 02:44:47 pm
He looks pretty cool but perspective seems to be not quite like the other images due to feet and face, and not quite from a side-scroller perspective since he has a bit of a lean to the left.
The face looks like some freaky tribal mask crossed with a roman helmet or something.
Again, looks cool but doesn't give a very knightly feel.
Thank you for the good feedback, really. Now you said I see, the position is all wrong!  :'( But no worries, i think I fixed it   :)

About the mask... :crazy: hahaha you know, ideas. Added a new kind of helmet.