AuthorTopic: shadowrun SNES homage/remake mockup  (Read 4778 times)

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

shadowrun SNES homage/remake mockup

on: May 23, 2012, 11:17:58 pm
something i did quite some time ago, that i thought I'd share
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 11:19:36 pm by Grimsane »

Offline Ashbad

• I am governor Jerry Brown
    • View Profile
    • SoundCloud

Re: shadowrun SNES homage/remake mockup

Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 12:30:11 am
That open drawer looks like it's missing a side to it, since you can see past into the other side.  In addition, the wall with (what looks to be) barbed wire and the wall with the drawers seem to come together pretty abruptly.  Besides these design and detail issues, the actual pixeling is quite nice.  Nice job :D

Offline Corinthian Baby

• Meditating Pixel Placement
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 05:44:37 am
You might find some interest in this similar piece: http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/51579.htm

Offline rikfuzz

• View Profile
    • twitter @hot_pengu

Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 07:07:24 am
That open drawer looks like it's missing a side to it, since you can see past into the other side.  In addition, the wall with (what looks to be) barbed wire and the wall with the drawers seem to come together pretty abruptly.  Besides these design and detail issues, the actual pixeling is quite nice.  Nice job :D

There are no sides to the drawer, because it's a morgue.  Could use a shadow though!

Offline Ashbad

• I am governor Jerry Brown
    • View Profile
    • SoundCloud

Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 10:57:22 am

There are no sides to the drawer, because it's a morgue.

Oops, m'bad :P OP, feel free to disregard that part of my critique.

Offline TheMonsterAtlas

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 06:20:10 pm
I knew it was a morgue and the angel from where the bottom meets the drawer seems a bit off. This could be due to the lighter blue shading coming really close to the outline though.

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 10:08:48 pm
 :D
and it's not barbed wire either :huh:, its blinds it's indoors, barbed wire in a morgue that seems a little intense :P, thanks for the compliment though ;D and I should get an actual screenshot of the SNES game to show you what my reference was, i was gonna keep pixeling more tiles and props and create the room beyond the blinds but ran out of steam.

You might find some interest in this similar piece: http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/51579.htm
yep I've seen that one, I like it quite a different style, pretty much the same resolution as the original too and this one was pixel'd a fair while before that, i just never really posted it :(

Could use a shadow though!
yeah it definitely could, I could of sworn i did one actually  D:

the angle from where the bottom meets the drawer seems a bit off. This could be due to the lighter blue shading coming really close to the outline though.

fair crit I might actually start working on this a little bit more, I think i stuck too closely to the reference, and dynamics change a bit, iirc my scene is double the resolution of the original game

Offline Daimoth

• I Am Tooth
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 11:33:44 pm
I think what you guys are noticing is a tangent. Makes it look like the open "drawer" (is that the word?) and the one next to it have some M.C. Escher-type shit going on. It took a second or two for my eyes to sort it out.

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 12:10:40 am
yeah i know what you mean, i think i got that effect while i was staring at the ref :lol: except its not so bad ingame watching the intro reinforces what it is when he's placed on the slab and put away, and slides himself back out.

just found my emulator stuff and took this now, oh snap seems the edge error was me :ouch:
but noticed I added all the shadows :D

btw the whole thing started when i was experimenting in ISO and did a checkered floor and got reminded of the chop shop/morgue in Shadowrun and thought what the heck (funny fact iirc the US release had a few things censored, including the morgue being called the morgue, in the PAL release it was the chop shop :D)

oh and @corinthian I actually misread the date on that PJ piece I did mine after that, thought it said 2011, but i only saw it after I did this, on that note It's disturbing how much decent pixel pieces are buried/obscured on the site, you can actively look and be oblivious to alot of the content, I've sunk entire weekends into browsing PJ :crazy: