AuthorTopic: GR#102 - 45° Plan Projection  (Read 23842 times)

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Re: some works.

Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 06:28:56 am
Grimsane, as I said, p45 is a fusion of isometric and top down, and as you said a dynamic perspective...since the floors is like top down and the objects like isometric;
thats is how wall works
??? yeah I'm aware of that, where did I state I was struggling to grasp the projection? but yeah thanks for illustrating it I suppose...
btw if it was due to the last image, it was in response to Mùller's new attempt at "60"?" as he put it. the first image being adjusting it for standard 30° isometric projection, and also how it would look with the ultima "p45" method applied to 30° dimetric angles (or more accurately 26.565° due to the limitation of pixels), just for the sake of showing what it'd look like ::)

google translate fail? :huh: I can't see where I made it seem I didn't understand the fundamentals, I have however stated like others that It is a bit of an awkward and idiosyncratic method of projection.

and also
Because the light comes from the northwest. I believe it contains aspects of isometric and top down, the light works in more interactive object, that is, depending on the volume and position the light will behave differently :blind:
that only applies to the environment. light sourcing of sprites themselves is relatively direction neutral, because they hard rotate the same sprite on 2 axis. only 2 angles are actually pixeled, front and back. so any lighting on the sprite would be ruined the moment it turned.

Offline Etchebeur

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 08:26:08 am
I just completed my previous post, hahaha my fail for not said that before  :-[

About the light, just wanted to explain how the p45 works with light/shadow in a scenario(like you said) since the character is mobile, i agree with you.  :lol:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 09:42:05 am by Etchebeur »

Offline coffee

• JohanAronson
    • View Profile

Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 10:57:45 am

god, I really need to play som of them games. 'cos the walls might aswell be floors in my brain in a platform kind of 2D/3D game :P
...I will probably have go and learn to do some of this stuff myself!

but like everyone said and I said at the beginning, really good job for a almost fresh pixelartist :) looking forward to more!

Offline Mùller

• @Iv_Mii
    • ivenmiller
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/38271.htm
    • ivenmiller
    • wolvesonpray
    • arttxel
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 04:05:06 pm
ok, thanks for the comments :-[, I will not say much because as already may have noticed I am not fluent  :D in English and some words have to translate and may seem strange to you :crazy:

may best explain the pictures, the painting is not being important'm just trying to hit the drafting format before .. :y:

ok, got messing with my mind. :crazy:

30º correct? ???  I trained a bit-based tutorials. :lol:

not really understand this angle is 15 º assumes? ??? ???

loved, this angle actually tried to create a base, any tips? :)

Thank you for the comments and tips, Grisame, Etcheuber and coffee  :D

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: May 30, 2012, 10:16:31 pm
the perspective is reasonably correct on that latest experiment, but the forms are a bit crazy, looks like learning p45 might've given you some bad habits with your proportions :lol: the chairs look okay but they could be one deeper because the seat of the chair is a bit too narrow, and the legs could come down a pixel or so too. and what's with the sun thing  ???  :lol:
and here is an example of boktai, the major plus of that game is it has 8 directional movement :crazy: but it should serve as good reference even if you are only spriting the 45º angles.

and that was just an experiment, also is it just me, I've always found that it looks a lot more logical and less tilted if they rotate it 90º and wondered why they didn't.

also twilight zone moment, I know exactly why. but when I did it it caught me off guard, because Instead of pixeling it at 45 I figured I'd double the height and then half the overall rez as a shortcut, and this happened.

obviously because the orientation of the 2wide pixel line. which made me start pondering things you could do with tall and wide pixels :crazy: been experimenting with lots of crap lately, especially interested in Hardware restrictions and display methods, and projection etc

also you know how your guys looked like they leaned back too much? they don't so much in this  :lol:

Offline Etchebeur

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 11:09:33 pm
You should create a tutorial about perspectives  ::)

Offline Mùller

• @Iv_Mii
    • ivenmiller
    • ivenmiller
    • wolvesonpray
    • arttxel
    • View Profile

Reply #26 on: June 01, 2012, 03:01:47 am
:-\

Thank Grimsane : :-*, tried to create a character, is still very basic. any tips on this new piece?

:crazy:

:-[

Offline coffee

• JohanAronson
    • View Profile

Reply #27 on: June 01, 2012, 11:40:35 am
That angle for some reason looks good to me :)

About the character.
The top-looking right + the bottom looking top, have a very strange stance. It looks like he's got a very bent back.
He's got overall a strange lightning and there is a lot of pillowshading going on. If it is a small piece like this, try not to use so many colours on a small spot.
There is also some outlines that melts together with the darkest brown that just makes it looks like it's jagged. Also about the colourchoices, you might wanna expand your paletts and not use so saturated colours.

I also thought about the lightning, I thought the lightsource came from the top left, so even if you have changed the bottom once hair, you need to chang ethe lightning of his body to fit, that means he got no
light at all coming from behind!

I made this edit for you:

Hope it helps and GL!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 11:44:53 am by coffee »

Offline Mùller

• @Iv_Mii
    • ivenmiller
    • ivenmiller
    • wolvesonpray
    • arttxel
    • View Profile

Reply #28 on: June 02, 2012, 11:02:52 pm
:-[

Great! Thanks man, this time I tried to use few colors, and also let him in a better position. any tips? ::)

this hammer is a friend "spike" which I edited for him.  :crazy:

Offline Mùller

• @Iv_Mii
    • ivenmiller
    • ivenmiller
    • wolvesonpray
    • arttxel
    • View Profile

Reply #29 on: June 09, 2012, 12:06:17 am
get back the perspective 45º,ultima style );