AuthorTopic: GR#102 - 45° Plan Projection  (Read 23707 times)

Offline Mùller

• @Iv_Mii
    • ivenmiller
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/38271.htm
    • ivenmiller
    • wolvesonpray
    • arttxel
    • View Profile

GR#102 - 45° Plan Projection

on: May 19, 2012, 02:39:35 pm
I have little time for pixel art, and I learned first perspctiva was 45 and I really want to go deeper in others.

sorry my english; ::)

Offline Mùller

• @Iv_Mii
    • ivenmiller
    • ivenmiller
    • wolvesonpray
    • arttxel
    • View Profile

Re: some works.

Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 11:04:47 am

I am new to pixel art, I made this more now, someone is willing to comment?

):

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 01:10:55 pm
You haven't gotten any comments yet because there isn't much wrong with your pieces. Just be patient, post art, and keep up the good work! =)
You'll get more comments soon, for sure. You just need to show us more art, hahah. Welcome to the forum!

Offline Mùller

• @Iv_Mii
    • ivenmiller
    • ivenmiller
    • wolvesonpray
    • arttxel
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 02:05:37 pm
yes, thanks for comment ;D. Here is another piece, I do not know another perspective :-[ and would like to learn how those super nitendo games lol, I really love to paint, draw, create and see the final result, hj even going to try a different kind of pixel art as a character the fight is never seriously tried lol. :lol:

erick the credits, a friend who edited the thorns and nails. :o

and.. sorry my english.  :mean:

"hail google translater" :D

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 05:53:24 pm
123 colours holy jesus :o
and i don't think those hands work too well, they do look somewhat webbed and amphibian if that's the look you are going for but they don't flow correctly with the arm.
my suggestions for a few improvements, especially in the hands.

also reduced it down to 40 colours, you have quite alot of readable detail for such small sprites ;D
oh and personally I'd advise against such strong background colours, it's eye burningly vibrant, and if you pixel with that BG tone it could effect your perception of contrast and colour intensity/saturation etc.

and most your pixels are really strong, just things you should concentrate on, colour palette. and also avoid dithering, your robes looks nice but the torso area doesn't benefit from that dithering, you might want to clean it up a bit, anyway hope that helps :)

Edit: also that style of isometric is called oblique if i recall, and its most notably seen in the Ultima games, it doesn't adhere to perspective in the traditional sense, but the main benefit (and main reason it was used) is it required less angles to render and animate, only 2, versus 3 if they mirrored on the X axis, FFTactics and the like did a similar thing but with a more correct perspective, also 'oblique' style isometric perspective is 45degree lines as opposed to 30 of standard 3 quarter iso?

Edit II:
thought I'd take the time to help with some pointers and observations about Isometrics in pixel art, (also remind myself of what I studied awhile ago, I even made a primitive ISO engine awhile ago)

there are the major forms of ISO, 3/4 is most common form of isometric projection in games, I also elaborated some methods of fitting the tiles into the grid, hope its self explanatory, also did view of all the planes you can create independently and then align in your engine with a offset grid, It's rather complicated, pixeling Iso is easier than actually making it work i can tell you :blind:

I also showed how your character would fit perfectly into Ultima style of (quirky mixed) perspective, you need to rotate the sprite by 90 degrees to get him on the other angle. The exact same principle would be true of the remaining 2 angles, but you need to do a back view for those. Hope you and other's find it helpful, probably better examples around I could've just linked to, but oh well :D

Edit III:
also quickly did this, man i gotta spend more time doing my own stuff :lol:

noticed the straight line of pixels, i can see what you were trying to do with the perspective, but it looks a bit strange, and to have the effect of perspective darkening the bottom would help reinforce its depth and separate it from the same plane as the top of the character, rather poor/rushed edit but hope it conveys what i mean. probably should have a crisp outline to separate it just make sure its contoured correctly, and darkening the shading at the bottom would help (my edit makes the wings fuse with the body) also avoid adding extra colours you barely use, and combining 2 shades or making one darker can make them justifiable, but too similar and they have little point. but 36 is a much better colour count than 123 :lol:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 12:32:19 pm by Grimsane »

Offline Mùller

• @Iv_Mii
    • ivenmiller
    • ivenmiller
    • wolvesonpray
    • arttxel
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 11:22:28 pm

Yes, there are many colors in the amphibian because it went through many stages so far, eg  went through a change in Firework by a friend and was also changed the colors used. :-[

:-*

:o

but dude you are awesome :y: I really liked how you edited them, you understand much, I'm pretty new still have long way to go, this month I started four months to pixel art, you explained in a way that I understood :y:.

but the prospect is the same as the last one very good game! classic.

I also want to learn other perspectives.

I understood you explained the dragon ;D, I'll try to make a dragon again, because there is this very old. :-\

Offline Mùller

• @Iv_Mii
    • ivenmiller
    • ivenmiller
    • wolvesonpray
    • arttxel
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 03:19:04 am

#up#

any comments about this piece? :-\

ultima 7 style, perspective 45º. ;)

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 06:12:54 pm
look pretty swell, the detailing looks good, they kinda look like they are leaning backward though, and it looks like you've simulated Ultima style inventory management with your palette too :lol:

Offline Mùller

• @Iv_Mii
    • ivenmiller
    • ivenmiller
    • wolvesonpray
    • arttxel
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 03:44:12 am
 ::)
Yes, I'm trying to create color palettes with cold, hahaha I tried to do a version backside and also did "tried" a wolf undead for an event in another forum.

thanks for the comment I thank you.

:-[

Offline coffee

• JohanAronson
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 12:15:52 pm
The art looks really good actually for being new to pixelart. However, as Grimsane said, the angle looks kind of wierd. The animations of the blue creature looks like his swimming on this back.

I dont believe ive played a game with that kind of angle. and I wrote somewhere that you aimed for a 45 degree angle. Whatever angle you choose to use, a isometric game dont have a
down and up angle on your chars like you've made, whatever the kind of isometric angle.

The angles are:

still, the character design is nice

GL!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:18:57 pm by coffee »