AuthorTopic: Let the computer aesthetic burn your mind!  (Read 25857 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Let the computer aesthetic burn your mind!

on: June 08, 2006, 10:09:42 pm
so ptoing had this stylistic idea, we persued it in different times. The theory is, only BLACK, RED, GREEN, BLUE allowed. High res sorta is needed for any result to occur. Otherwise, good luck.

this is what I have so far, it's of course, a WIP. Helmet's the most done thing, with flame and all. The far arm is worked on a lot, there's some strange alchemy with colors to behold there, working like a dot matrix printer or something. All this is terribly exciting if you're a CA nerd... like I am, I guess. Otherwise I guess I'm just burning eyes here!

50% size auto-optimize palette  in pro motion wields this, with the strange automatic gradients. But they give me an idea and I'll do the red thing on the leg, and the towards black gradientation. Anyway, fun fun fun!

Post complaints.

Ptoing also CGA'ed the WIP. I love the pink helmet. This 'brick' dithering is a new idea worthy of investigation.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 10:18:09 pm by Helm »

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Re: Let the computer aesthetic burn your mind!

Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 10:27:19 pm
Really interesting.  I'll leave the outside-the-box thinking to ptoing and helm.  The sword reminds me of a balrog's (Lord of the Rings).  Excellent anatomy, as is to be expected from you.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 10:27:41 pm
I am really chuffed about this. This is CA at it's best. Looking forward to seeing the final piece :D
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 10:31:43 pm
wow, that's freaky..
The back arm is bugging me. I think the shoulder melds into the neck too much and perhaps the shoulder could jut out a bit more.
The arm seems more flat compared to the other, probably due to all the colors mixing together which is causeing less contrasted areas. Maybe fix that by haveing a hard light from the fire on it? because at the moment it seems kinda cool compared to the bright neon body. but you say that part is a wip, so maybe it will look better after more work on the body is done.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 10:33:20 pm by Alex Hanson-White »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 10:34:08 pm
The body will meet the arm in tone-mixing, not the other way around.

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 11:11:01 pm
This is potentially one of the coolest things I've seen in terms of.. stuff.. ever :D The blending that takes place at 50% is truly amazing, and your understanding of colour interaction must be even more amazing than I'd thought to have pulled this off so smoothly.

The only thing that bugs me is the back leg. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that the form could be a bit more discernalble. If nothing else, I'd think the giant flaming sword might cast a bit of light on the front. This is assuming, though, that you mean it to be viewed at 50% 'cause that's where the badass colour blending effects present themselves.

Regardless, this is most impressive.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 11:16:02 pm
haha no, the 50% was posted just because it's interesting. In fact and i agree there's some badass things going on in the 50% one, but pro motion did them! The gradient green toward black and yellow towards red was a strange choice pro motion made on its' own, but one I do intend to mimick on the 100% version. I am not nearly as smart as I am lucky!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 11:19:15 pm by Helm »

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 12:53:48 am
i can think of about one word to describe this.

amazing.

id like to comment on something, im just speachless, i love it.

Offline Billeh

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 01:13:51 am
DAmn helm, this is freaking...
Superfantabulous.

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 02:17:39 am
I absolutely, unconditionally love it. Good game, sir.

Make sure the final coloring will follow either the style used on the body or on the right arm (the one on the arm is more interesting, though totally different than the other, incompatible styles, if i may). I like the anatomy, but the bicep/tricep area all the way down to the elbow on the left arm is too big/thick, while the muscles are undefined, and the curvature of the leg in the back makes it look almost broken. I could also whine about the dirtyness of some of the lineweights, but that'd just be ghey. But wip and all, maybe you were going to adress this already.