AuthorTopic: [PAID] Sprite Sheets for iPad RPG  (Read 5416 times)

Offline kourtnie

• View Profile

[PAID] Sprite Sheets for iPad RPG

on: April 05, 2012, 08:03:28 am
Hello all! I need character sprites for a free iPad RPG.

- 80 x 80px frames
- 44 frames per sheet (4 frames of movement in 8 directions, attacking, casting magic, using item)
- Looking for body proportions and soft colors similar to Crimson Gem Saga: http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2009/112/950794_20090423_embed007.jpg

I'm offering $50 - $90 per sprite sheet, DOE, via PayPal, one sprite sheet at a time.

The project requires 30+ sprite sheets at 2 to 4 sheets per month, depending on the artist's speed/availability. (We're looking for someone long-term.) Once payment is sent, the sprite sheet must be received within 30 days. Character portraits are provided for designing sprites. Half the sprites are human-like; the other half are fantasy monsters.

If interested, please e-mail me at kourtnie at gmail dot com with samples and/or a link to a portfolio. Thank you for reading this post!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 08:09:14 am by kourtnie »

Offline Lackey

• remember to drink cure potions
    • View Profile

Re: [PAID] Sprite Sheets for iPad RPG

Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 05:01:55 pm
Hello!

I'm glad you've come here to offer payment for some fine pixel art, but I think you may be offering too little for a professional artist.

However 80x80 px is large, and you're looking to emulate a style of art that is very polished and professional. At the rate you are offering, of MAXIMUM $90 for 44 frames, you're giving someone $2 a frame. If an artist wants to work for minimum wage, which is about $10/hr where I live, they would be spending no more than 12 minutes per frame. That's certainly possible, but I think a self-respecting artist might expect at least $15 to $20 an hour, so you might have to reign in your expectations about quality a bit there!

Regards.

Offline CharlesGabriel

• Veritas Omnia Vincit
    • View Profile
    • CG Artsenal

Re: [PAID] Sprite Sheets for iPad RPG

Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 12:47:44 am
It takes time to make quality art like that. 12 minutes does not allow anyone to design / pixel a character like that, even for a person whose best pixel art skill is speed. Your payment rate at this point seem unrealistic. I would recommend that you consider doing a kickstarter or something to fund your project so you would be able to pay appropriate rates to whom you hire as an artist. Good luck dude.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 12:49:30 am by CharlesGabriel »