AuthorTopic: Pixel art principles in High res graphics?  (Read 30977 times)

Offline Seiseki

• Starmancer
    • OminuxGames
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35207.htm
    • StarmancerGame
    • View Profile
    • Starmancer Patreon

Re: Pixel art principles in High res graphics?

Reply #30 on: June 25, 2012, 02:08:17 pm
Thanks! That's incredibly helpful.
I managed to move the camera back quite a bit in photoshop, yay! :D

Offline Seiseki

• Starmancer
    • OminuxGames
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35207.htm
    • StarmancerGame
    • View Profile
    • Starmancer Patreon

Re: Pixel art principles in High res graphics?

Reply #31 on: August 31, 2012, 02:10:59 am
Ugh, haven't been much progress in a really long time..
I started working on the 2nd player ship, but it's been slow..

Today I managed to finish the kill animation that pops up above your ship, it's supposed to float upwards too, so if you get more than one kill it doesn't stack up on top.

edit: and ofcourse when I post it I notice some annoyances with the skull, the shading around the bullet hole.. gah..

edit 2:
I've been working on a level boundary marker, a space buoy of sorts.. When a player goes outside the level, he has 10 seconds or so to get back in before the ship blows up, these buoys are supposed to animate and start blinking and spinning when someone goes past them. Along with an alarm sound and a timer..

I think this thing might be a bit too large for that, especially if there are several around the level it can turn busy really quickly.
Perhaps I can re-use this for something else and make a much smaller version for the actual buoy.

The animation is just a test,.
Right now it looks really static because the spinning needs more ease in/ease out and it could use some bounce when it's extending..

Update: Red ring of death WIP! (countdown for when you move outside of the level)

The triangle is supposed to flash and there are a few things I want to improve on too.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 12:51:42 pm by Seiseki »