AuthorTopic: GR#124 - Action Adventure - RPG Projection, Gameart  (Read 34025 times)

Offline Psiweapon

• View Profile
    • My portfolio

Re: [WIP] Action/Adventure Sprites

Reply #40 on: January 31, 2013, 09:58:48 am
Honestly, I was wondering where the hell the idle animation was, before clicking on it two or three times for zoom. I couldn't see it.

Turn it up a notch or five, subtlety is a good ideal, but useless if it flies over the public's heads.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #41 on: February 01, 2013, 07:14:58 pm
Honestly, I was wondering where the hell the idle animation was, before clicking on it two or three times for zoom. I couldn't see it.

Turn it up a notch or five, subtlety is a good ideal, but useless if it flies over the public's heads.

It depends on the scale the game is played at. I doubt it's going to be played at a 1x scale, so it'll probably be a lot more obvious when zoomed in. Games like Metroid had very subtle animations as well and they tend to be well-liked.

Offline Luigi_Mu

• crazy pixel artist
    • View Profile

Reply #42 on: February 01, 2013, 07:22:53 pm
Pretty portrait there ;) Nice selected colour palette. What is the type of  pixel animation you were choosing? Frame based? Or Paper-doll?
@Oni_Luigi

Offline Psiweapon

• View Profile
    • My portfolio

Reply #43 on: February 03, 2013, 12:54:50 pm

It depends on the scale the game is played at. I doubt it's going to be played at a 1x scale, so it'll probably be a lot more obvious when zoomed in. Games like Metroid had very subtle animations as well and they tend to be well-liked.

Of course dude, but if some sprite is meant to be seen at a fat pixel size, I expect to be shown here like that, if it's shown in 1x1 pixels only I assume that's how it's meant to be displayed.

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile

Reply #44 on: February 03, 2013, 02:54:50 pm
Of course dude, but if some sprite is meant to be seen at a fat pixel size, I expect to be shown here like that, if it's shown in 1x1 pixels only I assume that's how it's meant to be displayed.

Since we have a nifty zoom script here, it's always a good idea to post your work at 100% zoom, regardless of how it's being "used" later.
Discord: Ennea#9999

Offline Psiweapon

• View Profile
    • My portfolio

Reply #45 on: February 03, 2013, 04:32:25 pm

Since we have a nifty zoom script here, it's always a good idea to post your work at 100% zoom, regardless of how it's being "used" later.

Unless you have the bad luck (like me) that the zoom blurs the pixels  :'(