AuthorTopic: House Chipset  (Read 11008 times)

Offline Zizka

• Keep on smilin'
    • View Profile

Re: House Chipset

Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 01:41:16 pm
Wow, guys, thanks for the edits. Thank you so much Cupcake, I really do appreciate it :y:. It kind of gives me back some motivation to really work on this (I kind of got bummed to have to rescale everything).

There's some things I'm not sure about however. For instance some random pixels on the planks to imitate wood texture. I have to give it a good look and figure which one I like best. The way I represented wood before is actually from Earthbound. Dr D's suggestion about the floor is really good however, I prefer the tight spaces between the planks.

I think I'll go with a wooden frame for the door, I'll let you know what it looks like.

I prefered my old door however, I find the new version a bit barren. There's actually a keyhole underneath the handle in my version  :crazy:.

Not too sure if the darker green shade should got on top of the door, I figured I'd put it there to represent filth.

There are still some things in my old version which bother me. For instead the armoire is too short and I feel that the color in the chair are too saturated compared to say, the box.

Alright, back to the drawing board for me ;).

Offline Zizka

• Keep on smilin'
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: June 16, 2012, 08:35:05 pm
Ok, I've tweaked the floor a bit, made an armchair, a little ''table'' next to it, added a switch, added some wallpaper, added a door frame. The gun is the inventory system of the game.

Anything wrong?

Offline Cage

• View Profile
    • My portfolio

Reply #22 on: June 16, 2012, 08:51:14 pm
A bit of inconsequence I'd say ;)

The fridge lacks the edge highlight that the table an armchair have, plus the armchair doesn't have the black outline the other objects have - personally I'd either ditch the black outline totally, or just the background, leaving the outline on the character (something that cartoon animation does often)

I'd change the colours on the door knob, most likely it's supposed to be gold, or brass, but it's piss yellow right now ;)

Character's not bad, head seems to be a bit too wide, and the hands should be 1-2 pixels longer I think. He has the problem of the "selective" black outline too - I'd have the whole character outlined (but no outlines "inside" him) or without outline at all.

Hope this helps ;)

Offline Zizka

• Keep on smilin'
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: June 17, 2012, 02:33:05 am
It really does help.

The fridge lacks the edge highlight that the table an armchair have, plus the armchair doesn't have the black outline the other objects have

Fixed.

personally I'd either ditch the black outline totally, or just the background, leaving the outline on the character (something that cartoon animation does often)

Do you mean that I shouldn't use an outline for anything except for the character or that I should only use a black outline for the character? Either way, I've ditched the black outline for everything except the character.

I'd change the colours on the door knob, most likely it's supposed to be gold, or brass, but it's piss yellow right now

Thank you, fixed.

Character's not bad, head seems to be a bit too wide, and the hands should be 1-2 pixels longer I think. He has the problem of the "selective" black outline too - I'd have the whole character outlined (but no outlines "inside" him) or without outline at all.

Head is fixed, so are the arms and the outline.

Here's the new version:
Before:
after:

Anything wrong? I'll take redo it as many times as necessary.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 02:34:54 am by Zizka »

Offline Cage

• View Profile
    • My portfolio

Reply #24 on: June 17, 2012, 03:55:44 pm
Do you mean that I shouldn't use an outline for anything except for the character or that I should only use a black outline for the character?

I've meant you can choose either, with the decision left to you ;)

Here's a minor, quick and dirty edit how can you make some of the stuff more interesting or more 3d.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 04:45:51 pm by Cage »

Offline Zizka

• Keep on smilin'
    • View Profile

Reply #25 on: July 09, 2012, 10:03:13 pm
I like what you did with the armchair there, it looks great.

A toilet:

(didn't manage to replace the green for a transparent color for some reason).

And a bed, this is what I'd like most input about because right now it's not good enough for me: