AuthorTopic: 16x16  (Read 7449 times)

Offline junkboy

• jnkboy
    • jnkboy
    • View Profile

Re: 16x16

Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 05:37:52 pm

Old as hell, but I might as well contribute with something.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 06:10:13 pm
Yeah brutal is always best, and honest criticism is the only reason that I joined this forum in the first place.  However, I was accused of copying and stealing the very first animation I ever posted here, and it was entirely baseless :P  Not saying that was specifically because I was new, but I think it is unlikely that would happen if I posted a new animation this afternoon ;)

Actually it probably has to do with whomever it was that accused you. Not a trait of the forum on the whole to pester new people. A lot of us *do* hate people who steal art, so we are touchy in that way, but newbie-bashing is not condoned. Look at how many new people we have posting their first piece of art and the type of replies they usually get. I think pixelopolis is class in that department.

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 08:13:56 pm
I think you get what's being said 'bout contrast, but I thoguth an edit of one of yours might be helpful anyway:

The sprite itself is virtually unchanged. Sloppy, I know, and maybe a bit too high contrast, but I think it reads better this way. Also, the colour count was quite high. On such a small sprite so many colours aren't really needed. Personal choice, as I always say, but colour conservation is never a bad skill to have.

Offline toastie

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 02:21:02 am
thank you for all the crits, it really goes a long way towards my getting better at doing pixel art, which i dont do alot of.

Tremulant, thank you so much for the edit, its a really good example of everything that has been said and it really makes the sprite come alive.

I will practice more!

Offline setz

• View Profile
    • splixel

Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 04:14:55 am
heh. weaponry >.> [that filename is to be viewed "lol icons" btw. there's an invisible space]

As everyone else said, contrast is key, and the more you make, the better you will get.