AuthorTopic: Barbarian mockup  (Read 9106 times)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: Barbarian mockup

Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 04:43:15 am
The trees bother me. In some areas they look like they were cheaply (and unevenly) resized. Aside from that, I agree with all the praise.

Offline junkboy

• jnkboy
    • jnkboy
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 06:19:25 am
Turbo:
My hero! Excellent edit and crits! Especially the added thumb to his right hand, wich I completley forgot about. I've tried adjusting some of the things you mentioned, but man.. those pixel hands make me cry like a little girl.. :(

Xion Night:
They do? Well, they were! Hah, I'm such a cheap artist. Well, at least I haven't resorted to doing plain color reductions (yet). Thanks though. ;D

Kennethfejer:
Thanks, man! And yes, I agree, the BG needs more polish. I've tried to fix some of that in my edit. I'm not sure I agree with you and Helm about the pose though. Sure, it's silly (I've nicknamed it the All Star Barbarian Batter), but that's how it's supposed to be!

Helm:
I saw your image before it was taken down. Very badass, sir. It actually looked like what the Amiga version should've looked like!

About the remake guy, do you mean TBD Soft? http://tdbsoft.pullenbar.nl/html/projects/barbarian.html   I thought about just redrawing the graphics in that game for a while, but considering the ammount of work it'd involve, I thought it'd be better to just do my own thing, since I wanted to add more stuff then the original had. 50 to 60 additional frames of animation, revamped combat system, etc. But it's all a pipe dream for now.  :D

luxregina:
More remakes! Looks really cool, very faithful to the original. I dig the Conan-esque Atlantean sword you've got there, but man, what's up with the lack of furry loincloths? That just ruins the blatant homoerotiscm!  ;D

Language? Well, since I'm not a coder I've thought about making it as a MUGEN mod or something, but that'd have to be later this year since I'm caught up in another game project at the moment.

Good luck with yours, though! I'll keep an eye out for it on your website.  :)

DrDerekDoctors:
Haha, thanks! I saw the project you mentioned and obviously there's only so much you can do with the original sprites, but I think they're doing allright. :)

rabidbaboy:
Thank you!

Offline junkboy

• jnkboy
    • jnkboy
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 06:46:13 am
where's the art helm?

and good lord this is the shit, i think i'm gonna make a barbarian just for fun xD

Good idea. This is now officially the "Post your Barbarians"-thread..  ;D

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #13 on: June 07, 2006, 03:45:12 pm
Ah yes, that's the Barbarian remake in question. Our server went offline, is the art back now? Anyway, good luck with all of that, but I don't think Mugen is going to be a good  idea. Basically get someone to code it.

Offline luxregina

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 12:06:03 pm
More remakes! Looks really cool, very faithful to the original. I dig the Conan-esque Atlantean sword you've got there, but man, what's up with the lack of furry loincloths? That just ruins the blatant homoerotiscm!  ;D

Language? Well, since I'm not a coder I've thought about making it as a MUGEN mod or something, but that'd have to be later this year since I'm caught up in another game project at the moment.

Good luck with yours, though! I'll keep an eye out for it on your website.  :)

Well, technicly, the game is more or less finished : I'm just not showing it, because there are few things i'm still unhappy with - it was made in Flash ... and I'm on a much bigger project now, i don't feel diving in Barbarian again for the moment ...

The guys at tdbsoft.tk also have my sprites and backgrounds : I beleive they are working on porting them on their game ( and adding / correcting few stuff ) ...been a while I haven't been in touch with them...

Anyway : good luck continuing your sprites, and keep us posted with the WIP :)