AuthorTopic: This is the worst idea I have ever had (WARNING: Anime)  (Read 15752 times)

Offline HughSpectrum

• View Profile

Re: This is the worst idea I have ever had (WARNING: Anime)

Reply #30 on: May 08, 2012, 11:05:16 am
@Mathias: I ditched making everything super digital, with the exception of the background, because it just wasn't worth the sacrifices and like what happened earlier it became too Tron-like.

Also I know the background is bad and distracting, but I love it too much.

The "Dwarf" is actually Beaver Warrior, whom I chose to represent the "Dwarf" of the group, which will probably just make it even funnier.

Pixel art, man . . . takes so much dang work for what seems like so little pay-off.
This is probably the only piece I've ever done that's actually paid off in some way, even though it doesn't hold a candle to a lot of better pieces that have come out at the same time.

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Reply #31 on: May 29, 2012, 03:00:27 am
only just noticed this (wasn't too long ago :lala:) actually reckon It's quite a strong composition and came out pretty well, the palette however looked a tad washed out and low in contrast, it doesn't look so bad after staring at it after awhile, but it should be comfortable at first glance. Don't know if it'll help, on future pixel works, as you kinda pushed that you were over this, but in the vein of hopefully being helpful. I did a quick colour edit, mostly using curves and other colour dialogues and minor individual colour tweaking .

and also then tried converting my shifted palette back onto yours to see if the colours transposed and but a few tones of colours failed to match up, it's indicative of the contrast differences etc, hope it's self explanatory because I can't articulate it well enough.

but then again your palette looks kinda like a GBA palette in some regards, and i didn't so much mind your original palette minus an under-saturated tone or two. anyway goodstuff  :y:

Offline HughSpectrum

• View Profile

Reply #32 on: May 29, 2012, 03:42:15 am
I will be using more saturated colors from now on.  I actually hate a lot of GBA palettes and approach to color due to often being too bright and too awkwardly calibrated to work on a screen other than a GBA, so I don't agree that is a good thing.

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Reply #33 on: May 29, 2012, 04:01:14 am
i entirely agree and hold the same opinion ;) btw I meant goodstuff at your design and rendering skills, was just throwing out the possibility you intended it to be like that, glad to hear you didn't, anyway hope my edit helped in some way, only other real edit i noticed was helms which I think is a tad too intense in regards to darkness and contrast  :-X atleast on my monitor

btw it's more the colour value/contrast than the saturation, saturating alone won't work, you need to consider them in synch with each other
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 04:05:14 am by Grimsane »