AuthorTopic: Future Fantasy *Updated 06/15/06*  (Read 21606 times)

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Re: Future Fantasy

Reply #30 on: June 13, 2006, 02:55:42 pm
I love the art!
About the animation:
I think his hair moves unnatural.

Offline Aleiav

• I like my coffee black just like my metal.
    • View Profile
    • Gothiclola (dot) Net

Reply #31 on: June 13, 2006, 09:03:03 pm
I really like your stylized look. It's a little busy, but it's really nice. :)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #32 on: June 13, 2006, 10:13:32 pm
REALLY like the new coloring on the elf.  wish i had more to say, but theres nothing that i can find wrong with them.  I love the way these are turing out
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline ejay

• View Profile

Reply #33 on: June 14, 2006, 09:20:52 am
Cool stuff, i really like this character.
Regarding the animation- the motion itself seems right, but as a whole it feels a little too stiff , maybe you should try delaying the head a bit after the body , so that it reaches its extreme positions (top and bottom) a single frame after the body does.

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Reply #34 on: June 14, 2006, 04:15:38 pm
Very sweet anim. Could be better though, if you decide to:

- the shoulder/chest rotation should be sinchronized - the chest should rotate as much as the shoulder does. That means the center pectoral line moving more. To accompany this new chest movement, the arm should advance a few pixels each time the chest rotates forward.
- I agree that
the hair moves unnatural
. Almost like it's movement is reversed. Don't have any suggestions for fixing that though.
- The crotch detail is confusing, it seems to jump around randomly. Also, the legs could use some sort of shading for easily distinguishing depth.

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #35 on: June 14, 2006, 04:59:09 pm
New update with new character, palette reduction and general tweaking on the stills, plus and updated animation.

AdamAtomic: Thanks for pointing that out. I made the far leg a silhouette in the darkest shade, which'll hopefully remedy the problem. I also brightened the foreground leg a bit.

Shadow Wolf: Thanks man, glad you like. I agree that the hair moves unnaturally, especially now that I've added the delayed head bob. I'll probably revise it in the next update, and hopefully make it look more believable.

Aleiav: Heh, Thanks :D! Dunno what to say about the busy-ness. I was going for details and probably crammed too many in. Maybe I should simplify? You guys tell me.

Adarias: Cool. Yeah, I like it more to, so many thanks for the suggestion. I unified/reduced the palette a bit in the new update, though. Still look ok? I always find your use/choice of colour astounding, so your thoughts on it will basically be take as scripture. ;)

Ejay: Done and done. Is it what you had n mind?

Turbo: Your input here has been fantastic so far, so thanks for that, first off. I updated the animation before you posted, so the new update doesn't include most (if any) of your suggestions, 'cept for the leg shading, as I mentioned. Yeah, though, the chest/arm thing is a definite in, as are changes to the hair, and the crotch, well... shouldn't be too hard to fix, it's just that things sometimes get a bit scrambled when I'm drawing each separate frame. Just needs some cleaning, I hope.

Everyone: thanks, many times. I'm having fun with this, so I'll probably end up taking it too far and getting annoying with it, but whatever... deal. :D Anyway, apart from the new crits I hope to get here, I have a question about what race to do next. I can't think of a good evil one to balance out the addition of the dwarf. trolls, goblins, that kind of stuff I have no ideas for atm, as they'd look too similar to the orc, but... yeah. Ideas?

Offline Godslayer

• View Profile

Reply #36 on: June 14, 2006, 05:13:05 pm
Wicked. What are those half men half hyenas called? I remember DMing some D&D with them as the main enemies...
How long can the floor creak before it loses its voice?

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #37 on: June 14, 2006, 05:29:07 pm
So awesome dude  :D

As ideas for new ones, howabout a long hooknosed purplish troll/goblin thing? If you make him all skinny i'm sure it wouldnt look similar to the orc.

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #38 on: June 14, 2006, 05:33:21 pm
Godslayer, yes! :D Gnolls, I believbe, are what you're thinking, and yeah. Definitely next.
And Larwick, heh damn my single mindedness! Why should they have to be green? Purple trollblins will work nicely. right after the gnoll ;D

And of course, I guess I'll balance it out with humans or something on the other side. A bit boring, but inevitable, I guess :P

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Reply #39 on: June 14, 2006, 07:40:02 pm
Yay for dwarves! I like the overall design of the dwarf, however his helmet and beard seem underdetailed. Compare his beard to the orc's hair, the difference in shading should be apparent I hope. The helmet's shading seems kindof bland, I like the shape and palette, bu the actual shading is bugging me alot. Perhaps adding a metalic shine (light/dark contrasted thing) might help.