AuthorTopic: Random pixels  (Read 21324 times)

Offline alkaline

• may be caustic
    • designflaw
    • awstenn
    • View Profile

Re: Random pixels

Reply #20 on: June 08, 2006, 09:09:55 pm
those lines are deceiving...it makes it look like eyes a bit and after looking at it for a while I'm pretty sure they're eyebrows...right? Looked like crappy eyes though

Offline robotriot

• Tubby mechanical friend
    • View Profile
    • robotriot

Reply #21 on: July 27, 2006, 06:24:26 pm
Made on a real C64 with a Megadrive gamepad :) I'm not too happy with the face, the background was actually more fun to do.

WELCOME TO BATTLE SQUADRON

Offline robotriot

• View Profile
    • robotriot

Reply #22 on: August 15, 2006, 10:03:06 pm
A quick doodle

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: August 17, 2006, 07:50:21 pm
no replies? c'mon people

it's awesome, haha. nice wet/shiney look for the tentacles, it doesn't work as well on the head though. i wasn't sure about the blueish gray in there first, but it actually is just the right cold tint to hint some slippery cutaneous translucency

Offline Kren

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: August 17, 2006, 07:54:37 pm
Thanks for your comments, Turbo and Xion. Here's the final version for the cowboy scene:

I changed the cowboy's highlight to white and desaturated the background a little. Plus there's a horsey and the antagonist :)
you should add a small mountain in the horizon :P so it doesn't look soo plain

Offline robotriot

• View Profile
    • robotriot

Reply #25 on: August 21, 2006, 05:09:34 pm
I'm not too happy with this new pic, the colours are rather plain and boring, some of the plants' textures don't work very well and there's no real point of interest :/

Offline GOODNIGHTdestroyer

• Unf Unf.
    • View Profile

Reply #26 on: August 21, 2006, 06:04:11 pm
In my opinion on the bark, there should be another tone right before the darkest. And the contrast isn't consistent throughout the picture.
And I am finally seeing that you were the one worth eating.

Offline alkaline

• may be caustic
    • designflaw
    • awstenn
    • View Profile

Reply #27 on: August 21, 2006, 09:18:53 pm

it also looks kinda strange because your tree trunk gets wider as it goes up. i'm just gonna edit it a little bitty bit

changed some things, including contrast, where i brought down the darkest shade used on the trees and made the background trees even lighter by changing everything a shade,
the shape of your trunks, some outlines on the tree, the dirt path color,

and i also tried adding texture to the thing in the foreground just to see if it fills it in better, not sure sure about that part because i may be mistaken and it could be a dark hole sorta thing...whatever it is

the sky dither could be smoothed out more as well.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 09:26:21 pm by alkaline »

Offline Joseph

• Shut up and pixel.
    • View Profile

Reply #28 on: August 23, 2006, 12:51:51 am
wow.  im impressed.  a lot of this work is pretty damn good.  I really like the "cowboy?" with the beard.  excellent job so far and good luck with the rest of your art.

Offline Frychiko

• Don't waste garbage here.
    • View Profile

Reply #29 on: August 23, 2006, 03:06:22 am
Looks great! Composition wise it's horrible heh (ie. left tree in between valley in bg, which in turn is behind the rock, which is in turn behind the mushroom, to say the least)
But I absolutely love the colours used, and the texturing you did. Ok, the crits which you can take or leave.

1) I think the trees should lose any outlines, as it just kills realism (as akaline kindly provided, but not 100%). Don't forget the top of the right tree.

2) alkaline's edit upping the darkest shade color in the trees is a good choice, makes it more consistent with the rest of the peice.

3) The grass area on the bottom right is interesting at the bottom (bush silhoette at the bottom) because there is some variation in the grass, and with the silhoette, but as you look upwards it's one big mass that looks similar. (no grass in the grass, dark spots, overgrown grass etc)

4) I don't think the edit of the silhouette works in alkaline's edit, or maybe even the original. The silhouette makes the image look more crowded than it is in the first place.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 03:08:51 am by Frychiko »
Congratulation this story is happy end. Thank you. - Ghost & Goblins