AuthorTopic: A dirt sprite: Help!  (Read 3027 times)

Offline clockworkd3

• View Profile

A dirt sprite: Help!

on: March 26, 2012, 12:48:34 am
I'm spriting/making a randomly generated platform/rpg, and I'm just stumped on the land blocks. Stone, dirt, etc. I don't even know where to start. I've looked around the forums, looked it up on google images, etc.

Basically the game will look like Terraria, but prettier, basically.

I'm somewhat a noobie when it comes to pixel art, so any type of insight would be useful. Maybe some tips and tricks, rules and guidelines, anything!

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Re: A dirt sprite: Help!

Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 05:47:39 am
There's not much to say without seeing a drawing from you, honestly. We have no idea what you're doing wrong without seeing any of your work. =P
Here are some tutorials covering the basics of AA, and a few basic tiles (grass, stone, etc): http://kiwinuptuo.deviantart.com/gallery/27054576

Try some of those, and post them here, I guess?
Welcome to the forum!

Offline Ai

• finti
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp?id=1996
    • finticemo
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 07:30:42 am
Forget the whole 'pixel art' aspect for now. Get some good dirt and stone reference photos (or better, find them in RL), and draw them. Draw plenty of them.

Then you'll be in a position to do creditable pixel art of dirt and stone; you will know where to start.
If you insist on being pessimistic about your own abilities, consider also being pessimistic about the accuracy of that pessimistic judgement.

Offline clockworkd3

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 04:09:36 pm
Ah! That was what I was looking for, however I need block sprites for a platformer game. Nonetheless, I'm going to make something in a bit and post it.