AuthorTopic: [FILLED] [PAID] Artist with animation experience wanted for Dungeon Crawler game  (Read 3416 times)

Offline Jigxor

• View Profile
    • Jigxor.com
This position has been filled. Thank you to everyone for your interest!

Hello,

My name is Andrew Sum and I'm a game developer working on a game called Dungeon Dashers. For more information on the game so far, please visit http://www.DungeonDashers.com. There is currently one artist (Dusty) already working on the background tiles for this project, and I am now seeking a character artist.

I am seeking an experienced pixel artist to create 4-8 characters (knights, assassins, elves, archers, etc.) in a size of approximately 32x48 pixels, with attacking animations (a few frames) of various weapons (swords, bows, axes, etc.). The number of directions required will be determined through later discussion. I am also looking for the same person to create a series of enemies (monsters, skeletons, dragons, etc.).

This is a perfect example of the style of art I am looking for: http://carnivac.co.uk/portfolio/robinloxley.png. I like this piece because it has realistic proportions and is sharp and clear. It is the placeholder which I am currently using in my game and is the right dimensions. I am however open to suggestions for styles that may suit better.

To fulfill this position you must
  • be capable of creating and animating expressive characters
  • be able to work in a consistent manner
  • have strong communication skills
  • be creative and willing to give your own feedback and suggestions regarding the art style

Payment will be via Paypal, artists from all countries are welcome.

If you are interested, please contact me via email at andy@dungeondashers.com or private message. Please include samples of your previous work (or a link to your portfolio) and your hourly rate.

There is no strict deadline for the project itself, so even if you are quite busy but are still interested, I encourage you to apply. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any other questions you may have about the project/job.

-Andrew
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 05:39:58 am by Jigxor »

Offline Dusty

• View Profile
I can vouch I am working with Andrew and he's an excellent person to work with. He's very flexible, open to input from the artists and trustworthy.